Lipo Battery’s

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick2b

Reaction score
I had been using 2s 180 Mah batteries for simple dual deploy flights with my Stratologger, Missleworks and Eggtimer altimeters. I ordered some replacements on Hobby King today but wasn’t wearing my glasses. I order 3s 180 Mah batteries that are 11.2 volts. Would I fry my electronics with these? Dumbest questions are the ones never asked

I can't speak for Missile Works or PerfectFlite, but you CAN use a 3S with an Eggtimer. The extra voltage is going to be dissipated as heat, so don't be surprised if the regulator gets a bit warm. If you have a Classic or a Quark, it's using very little power so you probably won't notice; the WiFi units (Quantum/Proton) and the TRS have RF in them which pulls about 70 mA, so you're looking at about another 1/4W of power dissipation through the regulator.

I can't speak for Missile Works or PerfectFlite, but you CAN use a 3S with an Eggtimer. The extra voltage is going to be dissipated as heat, so don't be surprised if the regulator gets a bit warm. If you have a Classic or a Quark, it's using very little power so you probably won't notice; the WiFi units (Quantum/Proton) and the TRS have RF in them which pulls about 70 mA, so you're looking at about another 1/4W of power dissipation through the regulator.

Thanks Chris, I have several more of the “egg” products. Love them. Did you ever catch up on the holiday orders? I hadn’t heard back from you.

Back