Let's Write Storage/DIsplay Racks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser

Reaction score
I need to get my rockets out of the closets, off the floor and spare beds. Although the wife would see them all, a centralized location might be good. I was thinking of attaching a 2x4 to the wall in the, err, multi-purpose room and drilling holes into it at a 45 degree angle every 6 or so inches. Then I would insert some sort of dowel that the 24mm rockets would slide right over. I would use an Estes 29mm casing as a spacer over the dowels for my 29mm rockets. But then two questions come to mind...

Would a 4 inch long dowel (or dowel/spacer) be long enough to support the rocket without damaging the motor tube?

Would the rockets "bend" over time from being displayed at a 45 degree angle?

My rockets range from appr 20 inch long 24mm to 48 inch long 29mm; BT-60 to 3 inch body tubes...

Any thoughts?

TIA,
-Bob

Be very careful with long rockets held that way. I have an Interrogator that now has a significant bend in it. Ok for short duration but long-term, for cardboard at least, I suggest not. Short rockets probably OK.

I once strung a string along one wall, then hung them all up by their launch lugs and a paper clip. )paper clip hooked into the launch lug, and threaded onto the string..)

6bgAnW0.jpg

Hmmn, I was alternately thinking of a shelf along the wall. That would be fine for the shorter rockets, say less than two feet tall, to stand on. The thing is that I have several that are 3 to 4 feet tall so the shelf would have to be pretty low to accommodate them standing up

-Bob

Back