Let's See Your V2s

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I know this thread is a month old, but I had this shot to use up! And ya'll seem to like V2s?? My ASP V2 . The book is an old copy of the story of the development of early missile defense by Gen. Medaris. He worked closely with Von Braun on the V2s launched in the U. S. and the successful launching of the Explorer Satellite in response to Sputnik. After my grandparents passed away, I found the book at their house. It is autographed by Gen. Medaris! And no one really knows where it came from! The other rockets are Micro-Max powered sandhawk and wac-corporal. The patch is a 40-year old Boy Scout "GO" space patch.:(

I'm still in the process of priming for paint. but i feel I'm falling behind in posting my share of pics. :p

I haven't decided on what paint scheme yet. I have decided on NOT using a Wehrmacht operational scheme.

LOC 5.5" kit. Canadian Arrow

Didnt fair too well at NYPOWER 2002 ( lost the nosecone )

Better late than never - here's mine...

(there's a video of it flying on an E18-4, on my homepage).

Here is my Loc 4" V2 prototype on a Aerotech H128. The rocket has a MAD sensor in the nose cone.

Geoff Huber

Here's one I built using Balsa machining's bt-60 boat tail and nose cone. I bought the 24mm version just for fun! The other is a scratch scud, aka Patriot missile target!...loojack

Here's my V-2!

Estes_2.6_V-2.jpg

I'm really proud of this score! It'll likely be built over the summer - I will have pics then!

Jason

Jeeezzz, what is Geocities thinking?

Ah well, thanks for the tip :) It worked :)

BTW: Pics will be up this weekend ;)

Since the original message says "V2s and V2 derivatives", here are my derivatives. ;)

A-9 (BT-55, very approximate because the nose-cone is too long and the boat-tail is too short)
A-10 including the above A-9 as a sustainer
V-2-A (BT-60)
A-4b (BT-60)

The A-4b is unpainted because I built it on-site at IRW 2002, with a 24mm motor mount. It didn't have quite enough nose weight, so it took off on a D12-5, turned horizontal, and was last seen heading south at high speed. The A-9 did something similar, but only had a B6-4 so didn't get very far and was recovered. With more nose weight added, it has made several flights, all successful.

I don't have any pics of mine, I have 2 Estes V-2's one is stock, the other is beefed up, it has a 38mm mmt, glassed BT, and TC. I have flownit on a H165R, cool flight
all of your guys V-2's look great:)

Adrian...
Great job on the "derivatives". It's nice to see builds that are "off the beaten path", so to say. ;)

nice german models Adrian!

excellent job on the V-2-A

that has been on my build list for a long time !
and my plan for the estes Canadian Arrow

Back