Let's See Your Ceiling Rocket Racks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
Ok...I've rapidly outgrown the racks I made to hold my LPR and MPR stuff....

Rack 3.jpgRack 2.jpgRack 1.jpg

and I now need a way to store my growing HPR fleet. Really the only place I have in the garage is the ceiling. So I'm looking for ideas about how best to do it. Thanks!

I have no feedback regarding racks for rockets, in our house they just stand up in the corner.

However, I am dead envious of your paint jobs. They aren't human. I'm just sayin'.... :)

All the best, James

I'll post some pics of mine tomorrow, but just to give you a heads up - be very careful if you hang them from hooks. I've tried all different kinds of rope, belts, etc and everything leaves an impression in the paint if they've been hanging for any length of time. About the best thing that I've found so far is shock cord strap about a half inch wide (the smooth stuff, not the kind with webbing). Terrycloth rags work well too.

You've got some great looking rockets there!

Not really a "ceiling" rack, but here is what I came up with. Cheap, strong, adjustable, and room for lots of rockets. Pics are not great but you can get the idea. Just a shelving system without the shelves is all it is. Metal strips with holes in them to attach the arms about every inch and I used the 18" arms with pipe insulation over them. You can add more strips closer together to accommodate shorter rockets too.

Please ignore the dirtiness of my rockets....... have not got around to cleaning the lakebed off of them from the last trip.

...Fudd

Rack.JPG

Rack1.JPG

rack2.jpg

Last edited:
Not really a "ceiling" rack, but here is what I came up with. Cheap, strong, adjustable, and room for lots of rockets.

...Fudd

Why didn't I think of that? I know what i'll be doing the next weekend that I have an hour or so!

Not really a "ceiling" rack, but here is what I came up with. Cheap, strong, adjustable, and room for lots of rockets. Pics are not great but you can get the idea. Just a shelving system without the shelves is all it is. Metal strips with holes in them to attach the arms about every inch and I used the 18" arms with pipe insulation over them. You can add more strips closer together to accommodate shorter rockets too.

Please ignore the dirtiness of my rockets....... have not got around to cleaning the lakebed off of them from the last trip.

...Fudd

This is great. Thanks for the share.

Here's mine. Made from four 10"x12" shelf braces and some cedar garden stakes (with the pointy tips cut off).

ceiling rack.jpg

I holds my HPR, MPR, and longer LPR rockets. I'm going to have to add to this soon, as I'm almost out of space. I'm going to change out the shelf brackets for 1/4" all-thread. This will be mounted to the ceiling using threaded studs and threaded connecters. Doing this, I can have multiple levels using a pair of 1/4-20 nuts and washers on either side of each rack/level.

I use a storage system similar to Fuddrucker.... extra wide ajustable shelf arms covered in foam for the long rockets.... small ones are on ladder hooks.

Rocket Storage.jpg

Back