Legal Battle Delay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregzo

Reaction score
March 23, 2007
This was the next date in the schedule for court fillings. This one will also be missed.
When the ATF filled for the extension in late Feb moving the 02/28/07 filling to 03/16/07, the next round slated for 03/23/07 was also moved to 04/10/07.

"WHEREFORE, based on the foregoing, the defendant respectfully requests that the time for filing opposition briefs for both parties to the pending summary judgment motions be extended through March 16, 2007, and that the deadline for reply briefs be extended until April 10, 2007."

This motion was commented on by NarPrez on this forum. Basically, TRA/NAR didn't oppose the delay as it wasn't too long (1 or 2 weeks if I remember correctly)

What was due today is now due in 2 weeks. (or something like that)

-Aaron

Angelo,
No, this is the same one that Bunny talked about at NARCON.

I think that, IMHO, any further delays requested by the other guy only serve to strengthen our position. Given the comments, both on and off the record, by the judge about the duration of this case and his growing frustration with it, it may earn us a small percentage of a sympathy point or cost the other guy a fraction of an aggravation point in the overall proceeding. Just so long as it's the other guy doing the asking when it comes to delays/extensions/etc.

Just my untrained, unscientific, and un-legally-trained thoughts.

WW

Back