Learning Electronics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I was missing Missles Works in my favorites. Have em now.
I'm still confused though.
It sounds like the RRC3 is better unit at almost 1/2 the price of the Co-Pilot v3?
Plus it has a bunch of add ons availabe and more in to come.
Is this correct? Or am I missing something about the v3?

I don't own either. I have a few of the PerfectFlite Stratolgger SL100's. If I were to buy one of the 2 you mention, I would get the RRC3. In fact, thats on my wish list. Price primarily plus I know a few people who have it and swear by them. I am sure others will chime in but thats my 2 cents. The stratologger does the same but about $10 more and they come with a great warranty. Check them out:
https://www.perfectflite.com/sl100.html

I don't own either. I have a few of the PerfectFlite Stratolgger SL100's. If I were to buy one of the 2 you mention, I would get the RRC3. In fact, thats on my wish list. Price primarily plus I know a few people who have it and swear by them. I am sure others will chime in but thats my 2 cents. The stratologger does the same but about $10 more and they come with a great warranty. Check them out:
https://www.perfectflite.com/sl100.html

If you compare the SL100 against the RRC3 Xtreme so that both can go up to 100K ft then they are the same price.

I own a number of different altimeters, though not the Co-pilot. You can't go wrong with the RRC3. It's both simple, "fly it out of the box", and flexible if you want to do more. It's a great value.

The Co Pilot is essentially the RRC series of altimeter. They are both made by Missileworks. The big difference is the Co-Pilot has a built in battery holder, and is designed for the PML CPR3K recovery system. Since it is a PML product there is an additional markup at their level and the lesser quantities manufactured probably drive costs a bit higher.

The Co Pilot is essentially the RRC series of altimeter. They are both made by Missileworks. The big difference is the Co-Pilot has a built in battery holder, and is designed for the PML CPR3K recovery system. Since it is a PML product there is an additional markup at their level and the lesser quantities manufactured probably drive costs a bit higher.

Thanks Al, that's more of what I was looking for.
I'll look up the CPR3K recovery system.
Just trying to get a handle on some of this stuff I know I'll be getting into sooner or later.
Just run a sim on BT-80 Wizard, went 4800ft. Used ejection charge on motor.
Will have to look into trackers as well.
Next few upscale builds I want to incorperate an ebay w/ DD.
Need to start somewheres.

Back