I think I'm ready for my first DD...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually after 2 hours of messing with it, finally pulled them all through and untwisted the shroud lines. It should be all good now! Thanks for pushing me to find a way! Sometimes i just need someone to say its possible
I've been challenged by that too. Started buying only the biggest swivels, lol.

there would also be the option of soft links. Using a heavy piece of kevlar line, make loops that you can replace the metal quick links with.

Ive spent the last couple months reading and working out any problems i might run into, and still working out a few. I need to put a swivel on the main chute, and figure out how to fold everything to fit neatly in the upper tube. Might need a bigger fwd chute protector as well. The main chute shock cord is 25' 5/8" View attachment 630234

one thing im still trying to get ready for the aft end is the ejection charge to push everything down into the body tube. I have the drouge and protector as close as i can to the ebay to keep it from getting knocked around. Still working on optimum spacing of everything on the shock cord. The aft shock cord is 15' 3/8"

View attachment 630237

The ebay has a RRC3 and RRC2L with two 6LR61 9v batteries. Ill swap after ground testing with new ones before first flight and check everything for continuity and correct voltage. All the tinned wires are connected firmly and in the right spot. But ill still double check!

View attachment 630238View attachment 630239View attachment 630240

I have the RRC3 as the main and the RRC2L as backup. +1 at apogee, and i think its currently set up as 600' for main and 400' for its backup.

I havent calculated the bp changes yet, but im assuming it will be 1 gram for main, 1.5 backup. Also got plenty of ignitors to test with. Everyone says to not ignore ground tests, and to be okay with spending a few dollars on testing vs loosing the rocket.

Im just going to practice setting it up as if im at the table getting ready to launch. Hopefully ill be ready this weekend if weather permits!

If you have any pointers or things you see wrong dont be scared to critique, i would rather wait until its all correct than loose it from something stupid i missed.
You may want to reverse shock cords. Make the Booster to AvBay 25’ and the AvBay to nose cone 15’ That way the nose cone doesn’t swing around and take out the fins.

Back