Ldrs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dermon

Reaction score
has anyone here gone to one of these? i REALLY wanted to attend in 05, but its WAY far away in canada. does anyone know of any other launches LIKE this launch that will be held say, east of the mississippi?

Dunno your plight, but MDRA is doing a semi large deal November 12-14 in Price MD......

https://www.mdrocketry.org/index.html

One of the devices to be lobbed into the Maryland sky is in the thread "Big Harbpoon almost done" with three sparkies.......I'm sure the crew at MDRA are gonna burn some big AP candles......MDRA is an independent club with their own insurance, so if you're a member you can burn EX or commercial all day. And they enjoy new members.

Price MD is located on the eastern shore of Maryland just west of Dover Delaware about 1 1/4 hours south of Philadephia. It may be the only semi large event before next spring here in the northeast.

And LDR$ this year was a lot of fun.....we were there all 6 days.....watched a B-17 take off from the launch field, looked for a large rocket in the midst of a nasty thick forest, stayed up waaaay to late watching video, was surrounded by some great people, enjoyed the kids first hybrid flight.....all in all a great time.

man, i bet it was. i'd love to go to MD, but thats too short notice. too bad. i've never seen a motor larger than a K takeoff. i really would like to go to LDRS because i KNOW that somewhere, there's a guy spending a grand for an O motor that is DEFINATELY destined for LDRS. if i had known it was that close this year i definately would've made the trip. now its well over 2 thousand miles away. hopefully they move back east for 06. i've also been wanting to check out cherryfield ME, but i havent gotten around to it.

Originally posted by r1dermon
man, i bet it was. i'd love to go to MD, but thats too short notice. too bad. i've never seen a motor larger than a K takeoff. i really would like to go to LDRS because i KNOW that somewhere, there's a guy spending a grand for an O motor that is DEFINATELY destined for LDRS. if i had known it was that close this year i definately would've made the trip. now its well over 2 thousand miles away. hopefully they move back east for 06. i've also been wanting to check out cherryfield ME, but i havent gotten around to it.

Keep an eye on our site,,,, we launch pretty much monthly, M s are old news, they almost don't even get noticed. We popped 1 P, 2 Os and 2 Ns, in may,,,, oh yea, that was all in one rocket, our Liberty project.

Tom

Back