LDRS 29, June 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful rocket. Does anyone have any photos of its flight on Friday -- the one where the LCO launched my dark blue G3 at the same time by mistake? The Talon was first off the pad but the G3 broke 9000 feet on a K160.

Hi

That was a suprise for me too with an unexpected drag race,glad too hear you got it back safely

Well I thought I HAD UPLOADED SOME PICS will work on it and upload them

Phil

Last edited:
Here is the spot I have seen for the show on July 5th.
Has anyone seen others?
[YOUTUBE]bvnSmAosFVs[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the spot I have seen for the show on July 5th.
Has anyone seen others?
[YOUTUBE]bvnSmAosFVs[/YOUTUBE]

Kewl!:cool:

Hey, you broke it!:roll:

Looking forward to seeing this! Course I wont see it on the 5th..Likely sometime that week if I find the time:rolleyes: Definitely gonna set the DVR for it!:)

Has anyone seen others?
They have a few running on the Science Channel now.
They even have a long one but ALL of the footage is from the rocket special they ran on the Discovery Channel a few years ago (where they launch the real porta-potty).
Nothing from the current LDRS yet. Guess it's still in editing.;)

They even have a long one but ALL of the footage is from the rocket special they ran on the Discovery Channel a few years ago (where they launch the real porta-potty).

I don't think all of it is; some doesn't look like Argonia.

Yep. That'll take a little bit of time. They're moving along pretty quickly, if they plan to air it in early July.

-Kevin

They have a few running on the Science Channel now.

That was the show that dragged(or pushed/pulled) me back into the hobby!:D 'Wild and Weird Rockets' IIRC was the title of the show..I DVR'd it and played in numerous times-until that DVR unit died:( What a chance of randomness finding that in the 250+ channels I get over satellite,eh?:roll: Am glad I found it!

I would like to say thank you Gary Schneider (Fuddrucker) and his family and Mark & Marion Hayes for their hospitality and kindness while attending LDRS. Thanks for lettin' me hang with you, I always enjoy your company and look forward to the next time.

Kole and I had a great time.

Your welcome Tim, I had a great time hanging out with you, Mark, and Marion as well. It was great to see you and spend some time around the campfire together. Despite the "W" on Thursday, the weekend turned out pretty good.

Oh, and my kids made a new friend. They met some girl at the launch and took some pictures with her. I didn't catch her name though.....;)

...Fudd

DSC_3849.jpg

DSC_3864.jpg

Here are a few liftoff shots of it. I LOVED that motor!! Flew to 4,350 feet.

...Fudd

What is it with the CTI Skidmarks? This rocket (and a good few other rockets) flew on Skidmarks that actually LOOKED like Skidmarks.

The Pro-54 Skidmarks I flew all looked totally different, hardly any smoke, and what there was was grey/white... the sparks were smaller, combustion more stable (and in a Skid that's not a good thing) and the flame lighter and less orange?

Have CTI messed with the Skidmark formula? Were the TRUE Skidmark launches all on AMW reloads?

Ben

hardly any smoke, and what there was was grey/white... the sparks were smaller, combustion more stable (and in a Skid that's not a good thing) and the flame lighter and less orange?
Ben
That sounds more like the AT MetalStorm.

I'm not a huge fan of sparkys in general, but I still think AMW has the best ones. I love the black smoke and the sputtering of the big ones. The attached is the mighty M2200SK in an Extreme Wildman.

4571514363_8d6275bfc5_b.jpg

Mine flew on a CTI L1410 Skidmark. Much more "spark" and black smoke with a nice throaty roar then Metalstorm motors for sure. Here are a couple videos of it shot with a keychain cam strapped on with electrical tape. Not bad for a $10 cam. One is full speed, the other is slowed down to about 1/2 speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFKn5AhWQ3U - Full speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3wShJQ5CCk - 1/2 speed.

...Fudd

Here are a few liftoff shots of it. I LOVED that motor!! Flew to 4,350 feet.

...Fudd

Nice Shots Gary, I don't care what ANYONE says.. those CTI Skids are just way cool. LOUD Obnoxious colorful even in the summer daylight they show up from a mile away..

I flew my 5.5" der red on the K454 skid (54mm 4 grain) it was BEAUTIFUL..

It was nice seeing you again too.. and that new girldfriend of the kids... bring her over, we'd love to play with her.. LOL

That "cute little red-haired girl" SO needs a Stickershock23 shirt.

Nope. CTI skids (at least some of them) have more kick, lighter smoke, and less sputtering than the AMW skids they replaced.

Yeah, I can fairly certainly say that I know what motors I flew :)

What I was saying was that the Skidmarks I FLEW (CTI Pro-54's) didn't look like the skidmarks other people flew.

The photos of the stuff we flew just don't look like Skidmarks, take the enclosed as a good example... this is a Pro-54 K815SK my friend Steve flew on Monday.... no black smoke, not much sparks... looks more like a big Kosdon fast motor with a few added white sparks... certainly doesn't look like a proper Skidmark motor.

The difference was SO pronounced I just wondered whether they were a completely different formulation?

I know what real skidmarks look like, I flew a protptype M2200SK for Paul Robinson back in 2000 :)

Ben

sml-IMG_2919.jpg

Yeah, I can fairly certainly say that I know what motors I flew :)

What I was saying was that the Skidmarks I FLEW (CTI Pro-54's) didn't look like the skidmarks other people flew.

The photos of the stuff we flew just don't look like Skidmarks, take the enclosed as a good example... this is a Pro-54 K815SK my friend Steve flew on Monday.... no black smoke, not much sparks... looks more like a big Kosdon fast motor with a few added white sparks... certainly doesn't look like a proper Skidmark motor.

The difference was SO pronounced I just wondered whether they were a completely different formulation?

I know what real skidmarks look like, I flew a protptype M2200SK for Paul Robinson back in 2000 :)

Ben

Dunno:confused2: Maybe you got a couple from a 'bad' batch of 54's that didn't have quite enough Ti or Mg(or whatever they use to make the sparks)?Seems CTI also had a little run in with mislabeling some loads..Some got and flew what were labeled as skids but were reds instead..Not slamming anyone, shtuff happens sometimes...

How did your 'Pyramid' rocket fly Ben?

Is it back-to-back or two different one-hour segments? DVR to Stand-by.

Back