LDRS 28, July 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As noted elsewhere, I am considering which national event I might attend this year. LDRS is a dark horse but still a possibility. If I bring my boys (age 11) they will want to fly but will be strictly LPR. Are there any variations in the registration fee for underage LPR flyers or do we have to buy three adult registrations and three parking spaces?

As noted elsewhere, I am considering which national event I might attend this year. LDRS is a dark horse but still a possibility. If I bring my boys (age 11) they will want to fly but will be strictly LPR. Are there any variations in the registration fee for underage LPR flyers or do we have to buy three adult registrations and three parking spaces?

Straight off the LDRS site ... (Note: Kids under 18 years old and flying
"A" thru "D" impulse may fly for free.)

Every LDRS I've been at (5, thus far), kids fly LPR fly for free.

-Kevin

My son and I will be there. Going to make it the family vacation and show up the weekend before, so we have time to see the falls and do touristy things for the wife and daughter.

Just got our reservations at the Flint Creek Camp Ground about 5 minutes away. Full hookups are $33.00 a night but they only have a few left.

If all works out, we will be flying it at sunset on 2 N2801 Skidmarks....

That would be the N4000 case full of sparkies...

Erik
That should be one heck of a launch. Somebody needs to get video...

That should be one heck of a launch. Somebody needs to get video...

My dads got his new HD video camera. Hell be busy at the away cells.

Working on starting my LDRS project. Ill fly my 3rd and 4th O motor at LDRS in one shot :D

Ben

My dads got his new HD video camera. Hell be busy at the away cells.

Working on starting my LDRS project. Ill fly my 3rd and 4th O motor at LDRS in one shot :D

Ben
3rd and 4th O motors?

So the money tree just keeps on growing, right?

[muttering]lucky little...[/muttering]:p

Last edited:
3rd and 4th O motors?

Ben will spend more on *one* of those motors than I have to spend on rocketry (and a lot of other things) all year...

That's why I don't run with the big dogs.

Ben will spend more on *one* of those motors than I have to spend on rocketry (and a lot of other things) all year...

That's why I don't run with the big dogs.

That's what group projects are for!

They've provided me the opportunity to be directly involved in 3 Ps, 18 Ls and a Q. In four flights.

-Kevin

I'll be there without question, Hotel has been Booked from July 1st-7th since the dates were announced.

3rd and 4th O motors?

Well, my grandfather passed away last June and he left his 2 kids (my dad and his sister) some money and left me and my sister(his only grandkids) $1000 for savings and $500 for whatever. So I spent that on some rocket stuff and my dad bought 500lbs of AP using some of his and made some other upgrades.

My dad and I owe all of our rocketry advances (including my dad L3) to my grandfather. He helped sponsor a Steve Eaves N motor. Thanks alot grandpa. :)

Ben

Well, my grandfather passed away last June and he left his 2 kids (my dad and his sister) some money and left me and my sister(his only grandkids) $1000 for savings and $500 for whatever. So I spent that on some rocket stuff and my dad bought 500lbs of AP using some of his and made some other upgrades.

My dad and I owe all of our rocketry advances (including my dad L3) to my grandfather. He helped sponsor a Steve Eaves N motor. Thanks alot grandpa. :)

Ben

While it's sad to lose members of the family, my sons were given far more when my brother died, as he had no kids. The money was set aside and is going into his education. My brother admired his niece and nephews and his memory will be served by my sons' and daughter's having become better scholars, better educated, and better able to fuel the world.

My youngest son is headed to an engineering school for aerospace. My brother would be proud as the money will be spent there. You can take an opportunity and invest in it, or pee it away. When he gets done with his schooling he can design all the Q motors he has a hankering for and build them in his back yard of his new house.

While I love this hobby, the opportunity for kids to educate themselves far outweighs burning up semester credits to have a crowd go oooh and ahhh. I'm proud of the decision my kids have made pertaining to that money, my brother would be prouder of them than he was of himself.

It's all about perspective, it's all about what you were taught, it's all about looking ahead, it's all about knowing how to invest in yourself.

I would never have my kids buy me a thing, it's not how the world works. ;)

Chuck

Well, I am working my butt off in school with a 3.2 and if I get As and Bs next year and my Senior year I can start as a sophomore in College. I am proud of myself so far and I owe that to my grandfather because he was a math major and helped me get 2 years ahead in math. If he could see the cool chemistry and trig stuff we do know he would probably do my homework! He loved it THAT much!!

Ben

Ben, I think your grandfather would be happy knowing you're doing something with the money that you enjoy.

It sounds like you're doing great in school. I think model rocketry is a great, practical, avenue into physics and math.

Btw, I'm a bit wet behind the ears, what does "MTP" stand for?

Ben, I think your grandfather would be happy knowing you're doing something with the money that you enjoy.

It sounds like you're doing great in school. I think model rocketry is a great, practical, avenue into physics and math.

I think he would bee too.

Do I still have to call it "model" rocketry? ;)
When the rocket weighs more than me (275lbs) and requires more than me to lift, its not a model ;)

Ben

Chuck nobody missed the point (mtp) when it came to Ben.

Ben's a young man and he's doing good in school. His path in life is his own, not ours.

Ben you're method of doing practical applications of the sciences to support your education is admirable, and the path I'd encourage more young people to take. Your father is fortunate to have a son such as yourself.

Back