Launches and events near Bucks County, PA?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dad Man Walking

Dontree Member
Reaction score
Hi, all. Writing this from the left coast, for a good friend who lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, about 30 miles north of Philadelphia. He's interested in the hobby, and I would like to get him some information on the clubs, launch sites and events that he might be able to attend with his 11-year old son.

I found the PARA club's site, they are right in his backyard. When I looked at their most recent launch report (from November last year) it looked like they are flying mostly low power rockets, with a few F's and G's and one H. Didn't dig deep enough to determine if they have a ceiling limitation at their site, and I wanted to also identify some launches where he could also have a good chance of seeing some bigger stuff.

So, a question for you mid-Atlantic flyers--suggestions for events, clubs, & launch sites that he might want to consider?

Thanks!

I would go to para Sunday and MDRA next weekend. Mdra is worth the drive.

I have launched with PARA a fer times and they are good group of guys.
The boys bring out the big stuff IF the weather is good.
If it is windy you will get more low power than high power.
They fly on corn fields -and the corn gets tall in July and Aug.
They have alot of launch hardware and can launch almost anything.
Definitely give PARA a try.

SoJARS flies across the river in Jersey, they have a couple of different fields, from the few times I've flown with them they seam to be more contest orientated.

SPAAR is about 1 1/2 hours west of him - we are model rockets only at our Lancaster site but have 3 HPR launches a year at Fort Indiantown Gap.
www.spaar.org

Back