Launch Alert: Shenzhou 6

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exciting news! Any indication of how long the mission is to last? Space.com only says a "multi-day" flight.

Originally posted by C Greg
Look at the rocket that China Radio International is using to decorate their Shenzhou 6 webpages. Some poor sap will get 5 years' breaking rocks for that one.
Greg

I'm not so sure. There's alot of copy on that website touting a future Chinese mission to the moon. The Saturn V might just be a subliminal tie-in...

Some of those photos are great - it looks like the Shenzhou is a relatively roomy ship. And does the launch vehicle sport fins? Difficult to tell, but it looks like it to me.

I have seen static plastic and/or paper models of the Long March 2F with small fins. I looked for photos of the actual rockets some time ago, but don't remember finding clear photos of the fins. I believe the 2F that launched Shenzhou 5 didn't have fins.
Here is a nice free paper model of a 2F:

https://udonfact.hp.infoseek.co.jp/paper/down/down.html

Has no fins but flies great on 18mm motors. I did mount the booster pods a bit further out from the core tube for stability, but probably wasn't necessary.

Greg

it was live on cnn (international at least) hardly anything on the brit news though,
bbc24 had a quick intro to the news (a live clip) as the shenzhou had just cleared the tower,i couldn't belive the fools cut away from a live launch :mad:
i only heard at 10.30pm and it launched at 2.00 am (here in the U.K time),
didnt get to bed till 6 am :D
JJ (JJ-UK)

Back