labor day flights

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRod Lincoln

Reaction score
Pretty nice day to launch today.
Rockets flown.
Cosmic Cobra
Wacky Wiggler -2 flights
Quark
ZIM= wizard modification- 2flights
Midnite Express

Winds where a bit strong. But we only have today to launch. Waaay to busy this time of year.

I'll include some photos. Mostly pad shots, I have to get the timming right so I get more than smoke trails!

First up Midnite Express. First paper rocket I've ever made. I'll include details in a seperate thread.
PERFECT FLIGHT!

Next up were some of my daughter's latest builds. Wacky Wiggler and Cosmic Cobra both from Estes. I considered both to be novelty items and did not expect much.
I was pleasently suprised.

The Wiggler is made of several segments tethered together, it breaks apart on ejection for a, sort of, tumble recovery.
The wiggler somehow put in two reasonably straight fights. Both times not compleatly breaking apart, but recovering nicely. The flexibility on the pad just makes me nervous.:(

Cosmic Cobra from Estes also flew. I was very suprised by how well it performed. Launched on a B6-2 it worked exactly as advertised.
This is just too cool!

Quark did it's quark thing!

This is it's 10th flight and successful "recovery". Is that some kind of record? Painted the fin bottoms red so it would show up in the grass. Still took 15 minutes to find it.

Nice soil sample!

Also flown was my modified Estes Wizard. First flight on a 13mm A-10. Nice and straight, fairly high. Then the nose and chute seperated from the body. Honestly, I think I forgot to double knot the shockcord, OOPS!:(
All was well. The body tumbled down to the soft grass no dammage.

Next flight I added some nose weight, put on a rather long streamer and slapped in a C6 see-ya-later!

What a nice flight! WOW, super high! Recoverd after a long walk just barely in to the tree line at the end of the field.

Did lose the nosecone. My fault again. Just taped the plastic base on so I could change out the nose weights. Oh well now I know it works time to buy a nice replacement nose!

Same here I was looking at the Cosmic Cobra at Micheals but thought the same thing. Well maybe next time I will get it ;) Looks like you all had fun today.

Great launch report! You had fun and that's what counts. Involving your kids makes it great! :)

Back