• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold L3 Tender Descender

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmmome

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this for my L3 project in 2013, but never used it. Clearing out the last few items that I'll never use and ran across this. Still in original packaging and unopened. Rated for over 6,000 pounds maximum shock load and for rocket projects 300 pounds or more!

The closeup photo, description & pricing at end of this listing is from the current website. I do own a L1 HDPE Tender Descender, and have used it successfully. Hanging on to the HDPE for a Space-X booster lander-inspired project I'd like to build (deployment of landing legs).

$55 with USPS shipping included. PayPal friends please. PM me if interested. I'll forward you the tracking number via PM when shipped.

Mike Momenee
TRA #12430 L3

IMG_2071.jpg IMG_2073.jpg

b73de9_291c87d5b8d34f8299eb56a849c9deef~mv2_d_3239_1792_s_2.webp

b73de9_31108fceab3eabc20da87292348b86ae.webp

The Tender Descender L3

Back by popular demand!

For those really large projects there is the Tender Descender L3.

The L3 Tender Descender is a massively strong tether and release device capable of withstanding over 3 tons of initial shock load and still be able to deploy with over 1,000 pounds of static load!

Even with this tremendous strength, this device weighs only 5 oz!

The L3 Tender Descender is intended for the very largest of projects weighing as much as 300 pounds or more!

Here is a video of this incredibly strong device being tested with over 750 pounds hanging from it!
https://www.tinderrocketry.com/l13-tender-descender-tether

Dimensions: 2¼”L x ¾”W x 1”T (W/O quick links)
Weight: 5 oz (including quick links)
Housing Material: Heat treated anodized aluminum
Quick link Material: ¼th inch Stainless Steel
Maximum shock load: Over 6,000 lbs
Maximum release weight: Over 1,000lbs
Recommended max rocket weight: Over 300 lbs

Price: $129

Back