• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nomex Aramid Blankets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl98

Reaction score
I have some Nomex Aramid fabric left over from a project if anyone is interested in blankets. I have two different fabrics. The only difference is the fabric weight and color. The “sage green” is approx. 7oz/sq yd. The “neon yellow” is approx. 8 oz/sq yard. I use the 7oz material for smaller blankets that are used in smaller airframes. The 7 oz tends to roll up into a smaller burrito than the 8 oz fabric. I use the 7 oz for 4” x 4” to 8” x 8” square blankets and the 8 oz for 8” to 12” blankets. I stopped using the commercially produced orange blankets many years ago and this is the only material I use for my blankets. Both materials are softer than the commercially produced orange blankets. This material is not stiff and seems to spring open better than the orange blankets. I also use a small amount of dog barf between the ejection charge and blanket to extend the blanket life.

All blankets have a 4-thread serged edge and a button hole. The button hole is not slit open. I leave it to you to slit open so the opening is just big enough for your shock cord. The fabric has a side that is brighter in color and the other side is flat. I place the brighter side with the black serging thread outwards towards your ejection charge.

4x4 -$3

6x6 - $4

8x8 - $5

10x10 - $6

12x12 - $7

Custom sizes possibly available upon request. Shipping not included but should be reasonable given these blankets do not weigh very much.

I am not a vendor nor do I have a business. This is a private sale. If you are interested, then please send me a PM with your request and shipping information. I have a limited amount of fabric so requests will be first come, first served. I will respond to confirm your request and method of shipping. I will then make your blankets. Once it is ready to mail, I will send you a total payment. Payment by Paypal. I prefer Paypal FF because I am not a business and Paypal withholds funds when they are sent as a goods/service.

7oz - 4 in -5in - 6in - 7in - 8in.jpg

7oz material - 4in, 5in, 6in, 7in, 8in

7oz Material.jpg

7oz - front and back side

8oz material 8x8.jpg

8oz material - 8in

8oz material - front & back.jpg

8oz material - front and back

Last edited:
Oh, buddy! Lemme look at my inventory. Need larger for bigger birds. I literally can't get to it today. It would be the yellow mat'l. Maybe a couple of the green ones in smaller size. Please use my email: '[email protected]' thx!

I just received mine today. I bought 4 total and they are well made and very nice. I love the yellow color. If you guys are on the fence about ordering these I will vouch for the OP they are definitely high quality and reasonably priced!

I just received mine today. I bought 4 total and they are well made and very nice. I love the yellow color. If you guys are on the fence about ordering these I will vouch for the OP they are definitely high quality and reasonably priced!
Thanks for the kind words.

All done. Thanks to those who purchased.

Back