L2 Certification

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dual deploy. Redundant. 45" top
Flight chute. 1 gram for drogue. 2 grams for main.

Congrats on the L2. You picked a great rocket to fly. I love my MC PAC-3. I'm thinking of making a new fiberglass version of it - my stock version from MC has got a little beat up over the years.

-brant

I flew a Wild Man of Borneo Eagle Claw 4 Saturday for level two, full J415w. RRC3 and Strata logger altimeters. Single deploy at apogee (2600 feet). My old eyes could see it all! Set the strata for 1 second apogee delay. Worked great. Used Tac1 72 inch chute, had to walk about 300 yards, got a 180 degree wind shift after apogee. Thanks for the kudos
Bill
Florida 80 here today and lots sunshine!

Congrats on the L2. You picked a great rocket to fly. I love my MC PAC-3. I'm thinking of making a new fiberglass version of it - my stock version from MC has got a little beat up over the years.

-brant

I've been considering a FG build on it. But if I'm going to do that, I want a scale drawing. So far I can't find anything on it. I'd want my scratch FG to be exactly scale. I'm also thinking of doing the same thing on an AMRAAM.

Didn't even have a camera in hand. I'm sure someone got pics or video. I need to find out who. My wife may have captured one. I'll be sorting her pics later.

no one had a camera out, wasn't it a heads up flight? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm thinking a pac33 for my L2...

Jokes aside, good flight... nice and straight!... as close to perfect recovery as ever!

fm

No they did not call it a heads up flight. They've seen enough of my flights to know I don't play around. I won't fly a rocket if I question it at all.

The next step is to configure the nose cone for larger motors. The J350 was the limit without adding weight. I'm thinking 12-16 oz of epoxy and BBs.

No they did not call it a heads up flight. They've seen enough of my flights to know I don't play around. I won't fly a rocket if I question it at all.

The next step is to configure the nose cone for larger motors. The J350 was the limit without adding weight. I'm thinking 12-16 oz of epoxy and BBs.

What about an adjustable system? To keep it flyable on lower motors for smaller fields?

Well she only went 2600' on a J350. And her flight says she was marginal. She's never going to fly on an H or an L, so anything that balances the weight between an I and a K should be perfect for me.

Back