KloudBurst 16 - Argonia, KS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
KloudBurst 16
April 8-9, 2006
9:00am - 5:00pm
KLOUDBusters Argonia, KS launch site

KLOUDBusters will again host one of the longest running annual high-power launches in the US. KloudBurst was started as our club's annual kick-off launch way back in 1991 and has been held annually since.

Two days of rocketry fun will run the gamut from small model rocket projects to most likely 'M' powered birds. Conditions in early spring are great with moderate temperatures, a short wheat crop, and no bugs. This winter was pretty dry around here, so the wheat is especially slow getting started and there isn't any mud right now. KloudBurst is a great event to bring out the family.

Launch fees are $20 for non-members and $15 for members - both days included.

There will be a food vendor on-site.

For more info: check out KLOUDBusters Web-Site

Please join us!

--Lance.

I won't be able to make this one.... Hopefully I can make it out to AIRfest this fall.

It looks like things are shaping-up nicely for KloudBurst 16. The vendors are set and the forecast looks good.

We've gotten word of several nice flights planned, including a couple of the new Loki 'L' motors. If everything holds to form, we should hit 400 flights for the weekend, possibly 500.

We'll have at least 32 pads set, so plan on plenty of flights and no waiting.

--Lance.

I wish I could make this, but I can't. With luck, I'll be at AirFest again this fall though.

WOW! What a great event KloudBurst 16 turned out to be.

We had very light winds on Saturday from about 11AM on and the wind wasnt' too bad on Sunday. The Argonia, KS launch site is so wide-open even a little wind doesn't affect much other than a little extra walking distance.

On Saturday, we had about 330 flights and on Sunday over 100. Saturday was a continuous stream of flights from 10am right up to range close at 5pm. We had 4 scout troops from Wichita, Tulsa, OK and Olathe, KS, some 4H flyers from Viola, KS, a TARC team from Sperry, OK, and the Aerospace club from the University of Kansas join us. There was even a motorcycle club from the Kansas City area there as spectators who really enjoyed themselves.

On a personal note, I flew a 3" X 90" rocket called BURNM on a J415 to 6,300' which was a really sweet flight. This rocket will fly soon on a full K/baby L EX motor and should give me a new personal altitude record.

See everyone at LDRS, --Lance.

Hey, Lance,

Having to be in Oklahoma this past weekend kept me from flying at one of the best Kansas flying times of the year. I'm glad the weather/wind cooperated for you all. Not enough can be said about the Argonia launch site, it is just awesome! I hope you saved some sky for me.

Allan

Back