Keep the Noise Down When Testing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a kick out of the post-test neighborhood response. I could see a couple houses through the greenbelt. After a test, there sometimes would be a head on a swivel outside a back door. Lots of looking at the sky. Now I test out in the mountains, and listen for the echo. Somewhere is a hiker in need of fresh shorts.

I once shot an exploding rifle target that my wife could hear about 2 miles away. Sound really carries in the desert. You should have seen the crater. When I was fiddling around with sugar, I tested across the street. I have almost no neighbors.

June, July.

I can test anything. Epic amount of fireworks 24/7, and a world class motorcycle and sports car race track only a couple miles away.

I was sure this was going to be a Boulder Colorado story @brockrwood :haironfire:

I guess the city of Trent Hills, Ontario needs to pass a noise ordinance, either that or say they are testing a new way to reduce greenhouse emissions.

Back