Wrong on so many levels...KKK member pulls gun on protesters, KY police do nothing.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This story isn't political. It's simply wrong. No matter where you live, what you believe, what your political leanings are. When one citizen pulls a gun and profanely threatens another peacefully-protesting citizen, the cops are not supposed to say in effect "It's all good, no worries bro" and let the gun-wielder walk...

It hits especially hard because for several years we lived in a town about 20 miles south of Corbin. Geniece and her family moved there while she was in middle school. After we married she worked in a lab there. We did most of our grocery shopping there.

The town was well-known for being extraordinarily racist. (New neighbor came over to introduce himself to my not-yet MIL June, claimed "You'll like it here, we ain't got no n******." Her mouth dropped open. He grinned. "Really. Got rid of 'em a long time ago." :mad: :mad: :mad:)

Now it appears that hating other races wasn't enough. Now there's a new category to hate.

1686933110982.png

I say this as a staunch supporter of the second amendment and staunch Catholic who does not support pride month: this is really disturbing.

I guess technically the police didn't "do nothing" since the police took their ammunition and made them leave, but a more severe response was definitely warranted. They should have been slapped with a disorderly conduct charge at the bare minimum. I briefly googled and yes, you can be prosecuted for disorderly conduct for "engaging in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior" in Kentucky.

It occurred to me that the KKK claims some kind of Christian mandate and I looked it up to confirm it, and yes, they do. Apparently they need to reread the part Gospel of John where Jesus says "A new commandment I give to you: Love one another as I have loved you."

Oh, look, apparently they also hate Catholics and railed against the flood of Italian and Polish immigrants in the early 20th century since "They cannot be 100% American as they owe allegiance to a foreign person (presumably meaning the pope)." (paraphrased) Don't they claim they owe their first allegience to Jesus in this document? He was definitely not an American. I wonder what they would think if an American cardinal ever became pope? Would we all be cool then?

(Warning: your eyes may roll so far back in your head reading this source that your neck will snap. There is also a real risk of dying of sheer cringe. I post this because it ironically turned out to be an excellent source of ways to mock the KKK due to its gross hypocrisy and sheer stupidity.)

https://digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1071&context=paul_bean_papers

This story isn't political. It's simply wrong. No matter where you live, what you believe, what your political leanings are. When one citizen pulls a gun and profanely threatens another peacefully-protesting citizen, the cops are not supposed to say in effect "It's all good, no worries bro" and let the gun-wielder walk...

It hits especially hard because for several years we lived in a town about 20 miles south of Corbin. Geniece and her family moved there while she was in middle school. After we married she worked in a lab there. We did most of our grocery shopping there.

The town was well-known for being extraordinarily racist. (New neighbor came over to introduce himself to my not-yet MIL June, claimed "You'll like it here, we ain't got no n******." Her mouth dropped open. He grinned. "Really. Got rid of 'em a long time ago." :mad: :mad: :mad:)

Now it appears that hating other races wasn't enough. Now there's a new category to hate.

View attachment 586738
Kentucky is an open carry state, so there's that. Also, the article says that the lgbtq member went hands on first, so there's that.
I've had guns drawn on me by Black and Hispanic on numerous occasions. Been shot for being white. I went to a lgbtq rally with a gay friend in West Hollywood and got sucker punched by a rainbow wearing clown just because he thought i said something derogatory, which I didn't do. He lost the fight. Their very aggressive.

It says nothing of the sort.

Sure it does.
The video then shows Segebart step forward and wave the card in the face of the LGBTQ supporter, who attempted to push his arm away. The two men scuffled briefly and Segebart reached for his gun.

Good lord that's a willfull misinterpretation of the information at hand.

The video then shows a second man off to side — identified in a police report as Hutton — reach into his wallet and pull out a card.

Hutton then hands the card to the man engaged in the argument, who is identified in the police report as Segebart.

“I want to rip your f---ing face off and shove it up your f---ing ass,” Segebart says to the LGBTQ supporter, flipping the card around to display it.

A voice offscreen can be heard yelling, “He’s got a KKK card!”

The video then shows Segebart step forward and wave the card in the face of the LGBTQ supporter, who attempted to push his arm away. The two men scuffled briefly and Segebart reached for his gun.

Your interpretation is... a lie?

Good lord that's a willfull misinterpretation of the information at hand.

Your interpretation is... a lie?
Your understanding is not correct. The law is clear whether you like it or not.

Kentucky is an open carry state, so there's that. Also, the article says that the lgbtq member went hands on first, so there's that.
Your understanding is not correct. The law is clear whether you like it or not.
Yes, the law is clear.
In Kentucky, carrying a firearm may be legal but brandishing it is not.
So there's that:
https://gunlawsuits.org/gun-laws/kentucky/open-carry/

Brandishing Of Firearms​

According to section two hundred and fifty-two of the gun law statute, it is a misconduct of the second degree to use your firearm in a disorderly manner such that it causes public unrest, a violent situation, or threatens a risk to another person.

Considering we live in a country where mass shootings are now so commonplace, they happen more than once per day, if you're stupid enough to pull a gun a wave it at a crowd, you deserve to be shot by the first armed good samaritan. That the police did nothing proves they are not interested in stopping mass shootings or are afraid of intervening, like the cowards in Uvalde. This is now a situation where citizens outgun the police. Things are not going to go well as we have too many crazed people, and too much heavily armed lunatics.

more severe response was definitely warranted. They should have been slapped with a disorderly conduct charge at the bare minimum.
Assault is appropriate here: it was a physical threat. any actual physical interaction is battery. No matter what the "community standards".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back