Just thought we would say "Hey Y'all"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius Rocketry

For the Serious Rocketeer
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Established in 1998, and serving Midwest Rocketeers for a while, we have been sort of low key and the website was also that for a while. Divorce can mess things up for a while.

New marriage, wife and son thrilled about the hobby, and a new passion have been in the works for a year. Design and re-design of our signature kit have been in the works for a while, and although we are just a part-time business, we are nearing the end. Apologies to those who have visited our website wondering when we would be back. Well, we will be soon, and loving every minute of it! Been kinda back for a while serving the local flyers!

All the support of those folks that are bringing a new enthusiasm back to rocketry is really appreciated! Look at folks like Jim Flis of FlisKits, Aerospace Specialty, BMS, True Modeler, and tens of others I have forgot to mention. Each is filling a wonderful nitche in the hobby that has been unfilled for years, and are stepping up to the plate to give the customer, no matter who that is, something they could not get before. The imagintion and FUN that goes along with this great hobby. We are proud to be among them, and wish all the greatest success. I came to a realization at NARCON this year. We are not in competiton, but are all working together to promote one of the best hobbies around!

Welcome all to "the world's fastest hobby!!!!!"

Imagine!

Dave

BTW,

We are fairly picky about whom and what we have carried in the last five years we have been in business. We are proud to make FlisKits a part of our line for reasins mentioned above. If you are in Wisconsin, let us know, and we will try to be there for you! Exciting things happening!

Thanks to all for a GREAT forum!!!!!

Dave

Hey Dave,

Good to hear you're back in business. Another place to spend my money is always a good thing! :D :D

Anyways, what would the chances be that you could show us some pictures of your kits so we can take a look-see?

Thanx!

Jason

Welcome Dave! Glad you found TRF. Great group of guys here and all the chatter is about rockets, for the most part. ;)

Ooooo...you gotta see Dave's signature kit. I left the banquet table in the corner of the crop so you could see the scale.

Please Kermie, if I see that pic too many times, I'll start to build it in my head and that means I'll have to have Dave get me a kit together and... ya see where this is going, don't chya? ;)

Dave,

Welcome to TRF! Yer gonna like it here! It was wonderful meeting you at NARCON. Keep us posted on other events you will be attending!

jim

Originally posted by KermieD
Ooooo...you gotta see Dave's signature kit. I left the banquet table in the corner of the crop so you could see the scale.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is some model!!! Anyone know how it compares to the one by Apogee, i.e. is it the same scale, what engines does it fly on, price,etc?

Glenn

Originally posted by jflis
Dave,

Welcome to TRF! Yer gonna like it here! It was wonderful meeting you at NARCON. Keep us posted on other events you will be attending!

jim

Thanks Jim! Actually I have been lurking for a while, but finally decided to jump in!

By the way, I have not forgotten about you, I am about halfway done with that "document" I promised you! As you well know, been BUSY in the shop!

Dave

Originally posted by GlennW
That is some model!!! Anyone know how it compares to the one by Apogee, i.e. is it the same scale, what engines does it fly on, price,etc?

Glenn

All I'll say is it is a re-designed re-release of our 1:64 kit we have been selling for about six years in the Midwest. We are about ready to fill pre-orders from NARCON, and then attention goes to throwing open the website once again.

I'll post more details here as I can....busy time around here!

Dave

Originally posted by Sirius Rocketry
All I'll say is it is a re-designed re-release of our 1:64 kit we have been selling for about six years in the Midwest. We are about ready to fill pre-orders from NARCON, and then attention goes to throwing open the website once again.

I'll post more details here as I can....busy time around here!

Dave

Update: For more teasers, go to https://www.siriusrocketry.com Things will usually be posted there first.

Second, for more about me, go to https://www.davidjmiller.net (website is old, but there is a little bit of history there...)

Third, go to https://www.fliskits.com Buy a Deuce, or a Grissom! Or a............

Fourth, if you are in WI, go to https://wooshrocketry.org This club has some of the most greatest folks, and has a lot of history, and Scott has build one of the neatest websites to surf. (Golden nuggets and Easter Eggs within!)

Fifth,

PATRONIZE the guys who love this hobby with a passion!

We're all here for you, because, frankly, we love it!

Dave

Originally posted by jflis
Dave,

jim

Jim, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

Since my days of frequenting the Sport Rocketry forum on Compuserve (Thanks Doug Pratt!) it has been hard to find a community that has been so neat as this one, politics free and oh, so optomistic!

I had to lurk for a little while to see just what this forum was about, but everyone has proven so wonderful, and I see this forum overtaking them all to be the #1 rocketry forum!

RMRWho??????????????????

Originally posted by jetra2
Hey Dave,

Good to hear you're back in business. Another place to spend my money is always a good thing! :D :D

Anyways, what would the chances be that you could show us some pictures of your kits so we can take a look-see?

Thanx!

Jason

Hey Jason!!

We were never really out of business, but have been very low key for a while for personal reasons. Fortunately, we are on the road back!

We have a lot of faith in the small business in this hobby. We are not trying to compete with anyone. In fact, we are working on some neat partnerships as well with other small business who also share our philosiphy, and are going to try to bring some "value added" back to the hobby!

We feel that a bunch of us small guys working together can all brainstorm some neat things and all share in the success of listening to the customers, and maybe giving them something we cannot get anywhere else. It will be a slow climb again, as we basically started over after (personal, as well as (ex-) job related not hobby) events pretty much trashed the original business. And as we have real jobs too, we are not (yet) a full time outfit, but you know life is good when you have a partner who shares the passion for the business and the hobby and likes to spend that on the basis that she likes working with her partner! Any excuse to spend "quality time!"

Thanks for the kind words!

Dave

Originally posted by jetra2
Hey Dave,

Thanx!

Jason

Ok, a few more teasers:

One more....

These have sold all over the Midwest for a few years, but I have yet to see someone FLY one (Except me!) It is pretty, and I have to build another one never to fly, just for display. It is a limited edition kit, and is a re-release premiere of something that will lead our line on and off.

We have got some additional inquiries, and like five or so years ago, it is taking a little while to respond, bear with us, we love ya all!

Late news, we should be done with boxing pre-orders, by the holiday (Memorial Day.)

NARCON Pre-orders will be contacted immediately as soon as the tape is on the boxes.

A special TRF Pre order will also be given for a limited time as soon as we are shipping the rest.

And then, a quick breather, and some more shop work, and the website will be open again after a two-year respite, with some neat new things and, well, just keep hanging with us!

Dave

Dave,

Welcome to TRF. When I joined this forum about 6 months ago, I found that this group is a fantastic, supportive and fun loving bunch of rocketeers. I liked your comment - RMR who???

The photos of your kit look great.

People had said in the past that due to all the regulation stuff going around, that new vendors would not surface and old ones would die. Thanks for being yet another individual to prove them wrong. Good Luck with getting your business back to full swing.

Hi Joe!

Congrats on the recent wedding! Hope you had a well-deserved break!

I say "RMR who?" because I really just got tired of the "noise" if you know what I mean! Years back, I used to spend a lot of time on the old Compuserve Sport Rocketry Forum. This forum greatly reminds me of the same atmosphere, but even more freindly people!

Glad you enjoyed the photos, they were of the 1998 prototype, our new and revised version that is shortly due sports some different parts and even more detail. Been busy in the shop these days! Make some I-284's, that is our recommended motor! :) And let me know when the hybrid loads start rolling again, I have had an AT 54mm hybrid that I purchased as soon as they were out. Love to fly that thing!

With all the regulation stuff going around, I think it has only encouraged certain people to fill in nitches, and there are a lot of them out there. Also, you see a lot more folk doing this out of love for the hobby. A lot of the designs and kits that will be coming out of Sirius will be ones that I created just because they were not available anywhere else. The process will be a bit slower, since we are a part-time business, we have real jobs too, but that is where the love for the hobby comes in! With time, and if pur products are well accepted, would be nice to quit or reduce the day job!

It is nice to be getting things back to full swing after a few years. This is our fifth anniversary, and we were laying low for a little while and still churning along, but we are on our way back!

Thanks for the kind words!

Dave

Originally posted by Joe Burger
Dave,

Welcome to TRF. When I joined this forum about 6 months ago, I found that this group is a fantastic, supportive and fun loving bunch of rocketeers. I liked your comment - RMR who???

The photos of your kit look great.

People had said in the past that due to all the regulation stuff going around, that new vendors would not surface and old ones would die. Thanks for being yet another individual to prove them wrong. Good Luck with getting your business back to full swing.

...for the 1:64 Saturn.

This is a pic of the 6.13" Saturn alongside the Venerable 1:100 Estes kit.

Height: (With Display Nozzles) 67.4" (Over 5-1/2 Feet Tall)
Diameter 6.13"

NARCON PRE-ORDERS have been contacted and are going out this week! A TRF Special will be forthcoming! And stay tuned as we turn some attention to throwing the webstore open in the next couple of weeks!

We're keeping busy, but our first goal on our road back was boxing up a new batch of the Saturns, and now that they are in the box, we will be working on our next projects, including the grand re-opening of the webstore as soon as possible!

STAY Tuned!

Dave

We LOVE the reaction to our signature kit, and had a little celebration, because Sirius Rocketry is back and began shipping NARCON pre-order kits this week! We will be working on the webstore this weekend amongst our day jobs in hopes of a grand re-opening in the next couple of weeks.

In Wisconsin, look to get great online secure shopping for hand-selected kits and materials for the serious hobbyist, including Flis Kits (which people seem to have heard about all over for some reason and have been looking for a local retailer in Wisconsin ;-) ) Top Flight Recovery, hand-selected Estes, Unique building supplies and tools, and of course, the first in a long line of serious Sirius Rocketry kits.

We want to grow, and the community does a great part in helping us. Word-of-mouth has been the greatest promotion over the last couple of years, and we are thankful. We, being the wife and myself working hard after-hours from our real jobs to provide something unique that has been well-accepted thus far.

Look for Sirius to have something value-added with every order, and bear with us if things are a little slow at first as we work out the systems!

For the next week, Sirius Rocketry will also take e-mails to determine who will get one free 1:64 Saturn kit. We have one kit that is set aside (a 329.95 value) for someone in the continental US that will get the kit for free with only the requirement of writing a review, and sending us a pic or two of the construction and their opinion, as well as writing a review for one of the rocketry publications. Send us a resume detailing your high-power rocketry experience and why you would want to review this kit to [email protected]. Even if you are not selected for this kit, and even if you are into model rocketry, we have other projects in progress that will need reviewers, so send us an email, and we will be selecting beta-testers for some other works we have in progress. Deadline is June, 16, 2004.

We were so thrilled to ship out our new and improved kit this week, and if demand is any sort of indication, we are going to be pretty busy around here for a while!

Dave,

Sirius Rocketry, LLC
www.siriusrocketry.com

38mm. Flies great on an I-284. As far as the 329, a TRF special will be forthcoming.....

Dave

Sweet. This looks like a kit I really want but I'd get it and screw something up, thats just my luck :rolleyes:

Blue

How far away are you from Hays? I was born there, my dad was there, but have been a Wisconsinite since they moved up here when I was three....

Don't worry about screwing something up, we still are looking for beta testers, just throw your hat in the ring!
If not the Saturn, one of the other things we have planned! There are some really neat alliances going on, and this could be really neat for those who get there first!

Dave

Born Kansan, suffering Wisconsin! :)

Nearly a whole state away :p

I'll see if I can beta test anything, not the SV cause I am not old enough to get L1 and know nobody in my local club that would assemble a motor and fly it for me... Maybe someone in Argonia but that's a long drive. I'll look into testing other kits though :)

No problem, throw your hat in the ring anyway, not all of our offerings will be high-power. Just send a resume to the address in the post above a few, and we have something for all that we are working on! Don't count yourself out because there are some neat things happening here, and we need ALL types and skill levels!

Back