Jollylogic - amazing service!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zyzzyva1000

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just had to post this here, even though Im pretty sure everyone here already knows John is great.

My chute release took a hard landing after the parachute tangled (my fault), and apparently when the case popped open I lost the spring. When I tried to fix it I made things worse. I emailed John, and he told me to just send it in. Luckily the main board was still fine and he fixed it up (even updating the firmware) and sent it back to me (all in a week).

Great company and great products. Think I'll be getting a spare to loan out at my club's launches.

110% agree! I had an extremely bad chuffing motor that melted the bottom of my Aerotech G-force on the pad, then the ejection charge sent my chute with JLCR under the flaming mess. The JLCR was toast. I sent it in to John and he replaced almost everything including the case and sent it back free of charge. Freaking legendary customer service in my book! 🙂👍

+10! I was charging all my crap prior to LDRS and have a gen 1 ( most all my crap is gen 1 or post cocktail napkin generation) of an Alt 2. Battery went puffy and it's not on the web site.I reached out and he set me straight because I dint have time to order and replace it. No Gen 2's were avail at the launch, which was kinda okay since I only flew one bird (!). I have other stories about John I won't bore ya'll with. One hell of of stand up guy! I will say this, without fear of TRF jail: The Estes version of Alt 1 is a ripoff and done poorly at that. I totally suspect Chinese reverse engineering for profit, like most always. Support on-shore manufacturing! There, put me in jail, slap my wrist or go piss up a rope. IRDC. My 2 cents as an American on 4th of July!

110% agree! I had an extremely bad chuffing motor that melted the bottom of my Aerotech G-force on the pad, then the ejection charge sent my chute with JLCR under the flaming mess. The JLCR was toast. I sent it in to John and he replaced almost everything including the case and sent it back free of charge. Freaking legendary customer service in my book! 🙂👍
I will absolutely agree with the "...legendary service" comment: we've had two interactions recently, one each with JLCR (mine) and GF's JL Alt. 2. Only guidance was requested, but Mr. Beans decided to just do the procedures himself, and quickly at that! Whatever he's making from his business venture, he deserves - I hope it's substantial!

Back