Jerry Springer RIP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that stuff was pure Americana... lowest common denominator, grant you, but still. my buddy is fond saying that we, the human animal, are a half step from living in trees. that show made me think his math is optimistic.

that stuff was pure Americana... lowest common denominator, grant you, but still. my buddy is fond saying that we, the human animal, are a half step from living in trees. that show made me think his math is optimistic.
Right there with Judge Judy, all of it a bunch of trash television.

His show used to advertise on campus before Spring Break when I was in college. Just like most other "reality" shows, they'd put people up in a hotel for a few days, offer dinners, and they play along with the producers on camera...

It worked better for him than a serious talk show.

In the 70s he was a Cincinnati city councilman. But he resigned his position because he was caught up in a prostitution sting. Turns out they caught him because he paid for a hooker with a personal check. Lol. Folks, next time you need to clear your mind, use cash.*

He was so popular, though, that the following year he reran for city council and got his position back. Then, he became mayor of Cincinnati. He could have been a guest on his own show.

*Apologies if I’ve offended anyone by insinuating they use prostitutes. The truth is, I don’t believe any of the fine upstanding forum members here still have sex.

Oh, Yes, Poor Jerry. We never know when our number is up. I live up the road a piece fromCinci and I got to meet Jerry. He was a nice guy, but subject to the same flaws most of us have. His show was silly and He made no bones about it. He will be missed!

Oh, Yes, Poor Jerry. We never know when our number is up. I live up the road a piece fromCinci and I got to meet Jerry. He was a nice guy, but subject to the same flaws most of us have. His show was silly and He made no bones about it. He will be missed!
I noticed you live in Fairborn. I used to live there, Oct 96 to Aug 99. The Air Force reassigned me from Wright-Patt AFB to Andersen AFB.

A guy I know found out yesterday that he has a 30-something daughter he didn't know about. When I was being told about it, I thought, "Man, even Jerry Springer can't handle this one."
My wife has a sister she didn't know about (nor did the rest of her siblings) until her high school grad night, none of the family met her until about 7 or 8 years ago when the sister was in her late 30's. Its not too uncommon.

Jerry was universally loved in Cincinnati. Out in the wild he was a down to earth gracious and humble person. A joy to be around . RIP

Could have easily been Governor and a good one. Pay not as good though as the TV gig

That’s me in between Jerry and the lady asking a question. Jerry was a guilty pleasure but being there for a taping was an absolute blast! To be fair, what was considered freaky back then is now promoted as normal.

Attachments

• FC1BF3DA-A51D-4504-BEEF-653122B83B05.jpeg
    FC1BF3DA-A51D-4504-BEEF-653122B83B05.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 0
Back