RIP Gallagher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH NO! Just told my wife - when we were on our honeymoon we did a bit of a Texas town tour, we ended up in San Antonio and we went out for the night and he happened to be playing, and we were able to get tickets and join in. It was so random and we didn't even know he was going to be there so it was an awesome night and fun surprise. A year or so later we saw him in Houston with my brother and sister in law - my wife got on stage with him and was FILTHY when she was done. Didn't want to let her sit in the car LOL. He'll certainly be missed!

I enjoyed his shows while watching them. What I didn't enjoy was the clean up after his show.
I spent several years working as a custodian at the Performing Arts Center in Portland.
Perks were getting to see up close and personal a lot of acts, including Gallagher.
As messy as it was it was not the worst.

Great comedian, too bad he passed, but I guess the last decade had been tough on him health wise.
I'm glad I was lucky enough to see him in the early '90's, when he was at his peak.

I enjoyed his shows while watching them. What I didn't enjoy was the clean up after his show.
I spent several years working as a custodian at the Performing Arts Center in Portland.
Perks were getting to see up close and personal a lot of acts, including Gallagher.
As messy as it was it was not the worst.
Do tell...

He was from an era where comedy was funny and not the cheap and easy mean spirited stuff that is all too common today.
I enjoyed his Showtime specials, and got to see his act around 1983 or so.

About 10 years ago, I saw he was going to be in my area, seriously thought about going. I googled to check on reviews, and it seems sadly he'd turned bitter, and spewing anti-gubmint crap, so I didn't waste my time or $. And as I'm looking up some other stuff tonight, it was worse than that, but I'm not going to get into that now.

Anyway, a few links to some of his specials, Gallagher in his heydey, being fun and funny, not bitter:

This is a short clip from one special, which is a great example of his intelligent jokes (whereas so many only think of the watermelon smashing stuff). No props, no fruit. Just sitting down, finding fun in the English Language. Like how "big" is little, and "little" is twice as big......

Stuck in the Sixties

Gallagher 1983

"Why do we Park on a Driveway, and Drive on a Parkway?"

Last edited:
Back