J2000 warp 9?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stizz you couldn't do that. the case would have to be so thick because of the impuls you would need a 29mm MMT for a 24mm motor. I agree it would be cool to see :)

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by ben
Stizz you couldn't do that. the case would have to be so thick because of the impuls you would need a 29mm MMT for a 24mm motor. I agree it would be cool to see :)

thanx, Ben

Just because a said propellant burns faster than other propellant doesn't necessarily mean it operates at a higher chamber pressure than the other propellant.

I am not the best motor diagnoser out there but. this motor seemed like a high ISP burner since it so much thrust off the pad?

thanx, Ben

Originally posted by ben
I am not the best motor diagnoser out there but. this motor seemed like a high ISP burner since it so much thrust off the pad?

Wow! You deduced that without being a motor diagnoser [sic]? :eek:

High ISP doesn't equate to running with a higher Pc. Other adjustments are made to stay within the capabilities of the hardware.

-Kevin

that is a good point Troj. I didn't think about being able to tweak the load to the hardware. Still, that would be almost to much for a 29mm LPR/small MPR rocket. you would need a fiberglassed Estes tube with 29mm MMT at least for that

thanx, Ben

It could also be used in windy conditions with larger 29mm equipted vehicles... would have a lower total thrust but would have the initial thrust to get it stable.

Originally posted by ben
that is a good point Troj. I didn't think about being able to tweak the load to the hardware. Still, that would be almost to much for a 29mm LPR/small MPR rocket. you would need a fiberglassed Estes tube with 29mm MMT at least for that

thanx, Ben

Scott Pearce flew 18mm diameter D40 & D80 motors in a stock Estes Bandit kit (K-48/1248). He had many successful flights.

He used an NCR Enerjet 2650 model for the 3xG300 cluster. Other than epoxy for the adhesive, it was all paper tubes. This was when the 'problem' with the delay materal snuffing out was discovered. The acceleration and burn time was so quick, the delay materal never had a chance to really start burning. Result, One lawn/desert dart! :(

Originally posted by ben

thanx, Ben
Note: Thrust is independent from ISP is independent of chamber pressure.

Two motors running at the EXACT same chamber pressure could have sompletely different ISP and thrust characteristics. Also, with a faster burning propellant, you can enlarge the nozzle and have a higher thrust than a slower propellant with a smaller nozzle and the same chamber pressure.

that is true too. I new they were all sperate. I geuss you could possibly fit some Warp-9 into a 29/40-120 but I think it would have to be "tonned down" for it to be under the allowed propellant weight etc. Then there is a possibility that you would blow your case. I think AT it looking into it now. ;) RIGHT GARY!!! :p

thanx, Ben

Why? Propellant weight is also independent. If anything, the high ISP means you need less propellant to get the same total impulse, and again, there is no reason why it would blow the case.

Now fitting a big enough nozzle might be a problem...

Originally posted by garoq
Warp-9 before it was called Warp-9.

AKA ISP-P-8223AL.

I still have one of your 54 mm SU H340's. I assume this was the same propellant also.

It would be more likely for them to make Warp-9 loads for the 29/60,100,120 HPR set. There are no 29/40-120 redline loads, but there is one for the 29/120.

I belive there are no redlines in the hobby line 29mm hardware because it didnt work well in a c-slot grain geometry. Now it would be a great 29mm baby H for a 29mm MD rocket, but come on... A plugged 29mm motor... Most small HPR and MPR rocket flyers would rather not use electronic deployment for sport flying. Unless they get delays working in the smaller W9 loads I cant see a large enough market for them.

Actually, it would be a waste on a MD rocket. However, getting a very heavy rocket off the pad to maybe 500' with a 29mm G or baby H would be a hoot. I'd pay for that, using electronics and all.

Originally posted by KermieD
Actually, it would be a waste on a MD rocket. However, getting a very heavy rocket off the pad to maybe 500' with a 29mm G or baby H would be a hoot. I'd pay for that, using electronics and all.

That all depends. It might be a waste for you - some people might like having the rocket vanish without a trace.

I like MPR and small HPR because they are easy to prep and are simple to fly. Not bashing low alt flights but low alt MPR which require electronics is a little to much, unless it is a high performance rocket which may already need the electronics. If you want to get a heavy rocket going fast then use a BT motor, nothing like a W9 but in a calm day they will get a heavy model moving quickly... And if you are going for 500' flights you better be doing that in a calm condition...

I guess you're right cjl. If I'm going to make one vanish personally, I'm going to try to go for the altitude, not the acceleration. I do know there are acceleration junkies out there though.

Yeah - I personally would take acceleration/speed over altitude many times. My reasoning is that the crowd couldn't tell the difference between 8500 and 9500 feet on a 29mm rocket (and neither could I), but they sure as heck could tell the difference between 40 and 140 gees. :D

Originally posted by jraice
I like MPR and small HPR because they are easy to prep and are simple to fly. Not bashing low alt flights but low alt MPR which require electronics is a little to much, unless it is a high performance rocket which may already need the electronics. If you want to get a heavy rocket going fast then use a BT motor, nothing like a W9 but in a calm day they will get a heavy model moving quickly... And if you are going for 500' flights you better be doing that in a calm condition...

A quickly accelerating flight to 500' is not a safety risk at all in even moderate winds. It's the slow flights that give the wind more of an angle of attack that cause the weathercocking and cruise missile effect. :rolleyes:

I have a 4" Binder Sentinel that would be a hoot to launch on whatever the G works out to be. I guarantee you there isn't a single G motor currently out there that will get it off the pad, but a W-9 G just might do it and, as I stated before, I'd buy one in a heartbeat to give it a shot.

I have a good friend who flies everything over an E with DD. As he puts it "anyone can stick a motor in a rocket." Just because you cannot see the usefulness of something does not mean that it does not contain usefulness at all.

I have a 4" Binder Sentinel that would be a hoot to launch on whatever the G works out to be. I guarantee you there isn't a single G motor currently out there that will get it off the pad, but a W-9 G just might do it and, as I stated before, I'd buy one in a heartbeat to give it a shot.

The Contrail G-300 Has a peak thrust of 150 Pounds, and a .25 second burn time.

It will not be a waiver breaker, but shouldn't have a problem getting your kit off the pad in a hurry:)

Tom

Ooo..now that is cool! If I were doing hybrids, I would be all over that. :)

29mm is probably not in the cards, but a 38/120 version may be. Any interest?

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
I still have one of your 54 mm SU H340's. I assume this was the same propellant also.
It was, though run at lower pressure.

Sure.You make it we'll fly it.

Also a Blackjack for the 6400 case please.

I would be game for a 38/120 Warp 9!! Hopefully I will be getting a acse soon!

thanx, Ben

What, roughly, would a 38/120 version come out to?

What, roughly, would a 38/120 version come out to?
About a G315-G340, 107-110 N-sec using the same core dia. as the other two loads.

Yes! That would be a great add to the 38/120 motor Id jump on that in a heart beat

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Yes! That would be a great add to the 38/120 motor Id jump on that in a heart beat
OK, I'll get on it.:)

Back