It's time to fly some old motors (but see below)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Email is fine; makes it easier to spreadsheet the results without fat fingering the data. (Or did you mean, a scan of paper sheets? That's harder :)

How did it go?

--tc

Well, the weather wasn't as cooperative as the Old motors were;)
We had about a two hour rain...more drizzle I gurss. wet stuff falling from the sky delay before we could really get started Saturday morning. but got all 41 flights in with lots of others to boot, and managed to get a near perfect night for Night Launches as well:D

I'm happy to report of the 41 motors flown, we only had one that's really still a question as to weather it was a problem or not? we flew two A8-0's both had very load reports, both "seemed" very qiuck burns, the one marked as a qestions was in an old Centuri UFO. Very load..it was the first of the two flown so it's indicted as a questionable blow thur. NO damage to the motor casing or model. the second was in a staged model. very load report again but staged perfectly with no damage to either the motors casings or model parts. Very nice fligth I might add on an A8-0/A8-5 combination:)
Even the couple 1/2A6-0s boosters we flew worked very well one failed to stage the A3-4t second stage in a modified Midget but it stayed on the launcher again no damage to model or motors.
We flew 10 each A3-0t and A10-0ts in Art Applewhite 4" 13mm UFO's. This observer believes we got better altitudes from the A3s over the A10's. All works perfectly.
I flew my last B14-5 in an estes Courier streamer model.. Oh man I love those motors.... Man I wish I had a couple hundred more! What a great flight nearly out-of-sight. We had a fine time.
I'm looking forward to a second round of Oop's in October or November, Need to get it scheduled at our October Yearly Planning meeting. we have at least 30 more motors already committed, with a couple more club members who have yet to give me their lists. I hope to have Oop test #002 compiled and to you by the end of the month, with our tenative launch date(s).
Hope this Helps, Get Oop motors back on the sport fly lists:D

Back