Introducing Reuven Gruber

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and welcome! What is your model/midpower rocketry experience? What rockets have you flown lately? Trying to assess your level so that the proper level of help can be provided.

AFAIK the Tripoli prefecture nearest to you is in Greece. There may be some logistics challenges to obtaining experience prior to a certification attempt.

Hello and welcome! What is your model/midpower rocketry experience? What rockets have you flown lately? Trying to assess your level so that the proper level of help can be provided.

AFAIK the Tripoli prefecture nearest to you is in Greece. There may be some logistics challenges to obtaining experience prior to a certification attempt.
Prfesser

Thanks for the message

The prefecture in Greece is an excellent idea worth following up
I sent a message to their Prefect and we will see where it leads

I flew small Estes rockets probably 30 years ago and am new to high power rocketry.

My high power goal is to design, build & fly a level 3 rocket to the highest possible altitude commensurate with my abilities and within my budget limitations

Since I am getting on in years I have made a very agresive plan which many have said is unrealistic
I have ordered a Katana kit from Apogee which I plan to use for my level 1 and level 2 certifications and then design build and fly a Wildman Falcon 98 for my level 3 certification and my maximum altitude attempt

Wish me success

Prfesser

Thanks for the message

The prefecture in Greece is an excellent idea worth following up
I sent a message to their Prefect and we will see where it leads

I flew small Estes rockets probably 30 years ago and am new to high power rocketry.

My high power goal is to design, build & fly a level 3 rocket to the highest possible altitude commensurate with my abilities and within my budget limitations

Since I am getting on in years I have made a very agresive plan which many have said is unrealistic
I have ordered a Katana kit from Apogee which I plan to use for my level 1 and level 2 certifications and then design build and fly a Wildman Falcon 98 for my level 3 certification and my maximum altitude attempt

Wish me success
I wouldn't call it unrealistic per se, but you're not leaving much room to learn and make mistakes between your cert flights.

You should also make sure that you can get the motors out there, that there is an actual place to fly, and that there is someone to certify you, especially for Level 3, unless you're planning on coming to the US to do it. Our non-US forum members give me the impression that doing HPR outside the US is pretty difficult due to these three hurdles.

That said, good luck and welcome.

I confess I find it somewhat difficult to imagine flying high-powered rockets in Israel, especially right now. Is it actually a realistic possibility?

Back