Indiana Rocketry Nov. 16-17th Ash Grove Indiana Launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Back too "Big Sky Country" everyone! That's right, we are heading back too the North Field to resume our Schedule for this year and, up until Thunderstruck 2014!
Miles of wide open recovery, waiver standing at 16K AGL with UNLIMITED windows too 22K upon request. We are SELF INSURED so that you can fly any day commercial or EX without hassle! Capable of handling the least to up to "P" impulse (if your paperworks in line....)
Both days range is open from 10am till 5pm....located right off of I-65 just north of Lafayette Indiana with many fast food and, gas stops in the area *IE Wendy's :D*
Come see what everyones been talking about and, bring your boots (just in case). Also if NOT 100% happy with your experience the "Ask Barry for a refund rule is in effect!";)

Got some balance issues too work on with a certain Gizmo....:D Time too sacrifice another N motor to the Gods of Thrust before the O goes in next month.....

See you there!

I should be there both days . Can't wait , looking for DD options so I can start working on that

Daughter unit is demanding we launch SOMETHING, ANYTHING! Still jonsin’ from MWP withdraw.

Wendy’s is on me bud. It’s the least I can do.

A certain person is dragging his feet about going to Ash Grove. I’ll not mention names, but his initials is Vaportrail. Perhaps if I tempt him with an H90.

Can you give details on joing Indiana Rocketry Society? Guess I should start paying dues.

I know Richard (Johnny's Brother) will be there with his L3 attempt. I'll be bringing a couple of Ms for my Tomahawk and maybe my new Gizmo. The AAE 439 kids will be showing up with their rocket projects. And I know Vic has at least one full M to burn too. So it should be a good show for all involved :)

I'd like to get over there on Sunday and fly my Thumper Cluster which I messed up (no damage except to ego) at MWP. Would be an L930 to two I300T airstarts.

Guys when you set up can you please look for a black launch pad blast plate that looks out of place. I think I left it on the field last spring when I brought my tower assembly (see head on center pad below).

View attachment 152999

I'd like to get over there on Sunday and fly my Thumper Cluster which I messed up (no damage except to ego) at MWP. Would be an L930 to two I300T airstarts.

Guys when you set up can you please look for a black launch pad blast plate that looks out of place. I think I left it on the field last spring when I brought my tower assembly (see head on center pad below).

View attachment 152999

Might try to make it.. lets see what the weather does!

Grim

hey are we going to have a vendor out there as well?

I will be there. I just talked to Dave at Red Arrow and the crops are not out at Three Oaks yet, so if the crops are not out he will be there. But if the crops are out he will be there.
If anyone needs certain AT motors let me know by Monday (PM me) and I will try to get them.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
County Line Cycles and Hobbies
576-767-0660
Grovertown, IN

I will be there. I just talked to Dave at Red Arrow and the crops are not out at Three Oaks yet, so if the crops are not out he will be there. But if the crops are out he will be there.
If anyone needs certain AT motors let me know by Monday (PM me) and I will try to get them.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
County Line Cycles and Hobbies
576-767-0660
Grovertown, IN

There is a good chance you will see a mess of us folks from Michiana since it is very doubtful the field will be harvested before 11/16. The Notre Dame Rocket team will likely be there as well with a subscale rocket to test some electronics on a Loki I210. Still have to confirm that with the team though.

-Dave

There is a good chance you will see a mess of us folks from Michiana since it is very doubtful the field will be harvested before 11/16. The Notre Dame Rocket team will likely be there as well with a subscale rocket to test some electronics on a Loki I210. Still have to confirm that with the team though.

-Dave

Dave, I think I speak for all Indiana Rocketry members that we welcome the Michiana guys with open arms. Not knocking Three Oaks, but I think you will be impressed with the field and flying conditions down here at Ash Grove.

I may have to join and then join you. Its 5 hours but whats a little drive hey? I am hoping to have the Excel rebuilt and ready and the Bruiser Exp 3 is well in line to be finished..... HMMMMMMM I must run this past the thinker of the house first, but I soooooo want to come down.

If I am not at Three Oaks I will probably be at Ash Grove and just might make an L2 attempt if someone has a motor (and it looks like if I am there, Dave will be... so that shouldn't be an issue). Not 100% sure that I want to go for it on the weekend of the 16th.. Currently I want to sand and rip off all the paint and fiberglass off the messed up aft end of this rocket. But I am almost ready to say looks be darned and light it up.

Thanks for the offer. I already have 2 AT 38mm/720 cases. I just can't buy a reload in advance. So I will be loading there at the site after I buy from Dave. And in case anyone is wondering, yes I have taken and passed the written test. I hope that paperwork is still in my car.

The rocket was built and ready to paint. However, then contractors ended up taking over my outdoor workplace and now it is too cold to paint outside. In the meanwhile I attempted to fiberglass the rear end as my small not quite exact scale model had some pod damage when I tried it at the sod farm in September.

10013251403_365e949fab_z.jpg

Too many issues and too many distractions and the fiberglass is terrible. But for what it is worth, here is what I may launch... But then again, I may just decide to play it safe and launch a kit rocket instead (Badazz Defender MK III or LOC Cyclotron)

do or do not.jpg

So the decision was made today, Michiana Rocketry is going to be postponed. Whichever day the build crew is not working on the port-a-pot I will be at Ash Grove and will probably have daughter along if we go to the launch on Saturday.

Got some balance issues too work on with a certain Gizmo....:D Time too sacrifice another N motor to the Gods of Thrust before the O goes in next month.....
See you there!

Gus, my dad and I are planning to be there on Sunday! (I have a performance with the marching band in Indianapolis on Saturday.) I vote that you wait to fly the Gizmo until Sunday! Dad and I would love to see that!

Bought four motors at MWP to take home... aren't going to last as long as I anticipated! :wink: Planning on running three dual deploy flights for practice! Then its about time to look into getting a fiberglass build underway! Look forward to seeing you guys there!

So the decision was made today, Michiana Rocketry is going to be postponed. Whichever day the build crew is not working on the port-a-pot I will be at Ash Grove and will probably have daughter along if we go to the launch on Saturday.

Oh really? Are they going to send out an email? Or did they send one out?

Kinda sucks really but gives me a GREAT excuse to check out another field.

Hopefully it will be on the website soon and an e-mail will be going out. Decision was made today while working on the port-a-pot. Corn is still in the field. They have started harvesting the field to the East of Avery, but weren't likely to get to our launch field until later in the week. With rain and snow in the forecast it isn't likely to be harvested in time.

That's more like it. :) We'll be watching the weather, planning to show up on the best day. If it's nice all weekend we may fly both days.

That's more like it. :) We'll be watching the weather, planning to show up on the best day. If it's nice all weekend we may fly both days.

Hoping its Sunday at the very least!:D Still have the EX Skid from Mr. Nobile too *Demo* and, a certain Gizmo (On a little bigger N ) that "Hung a Ralph off the Pad" at Princeton recently.
If it doesn't behave this time....i'm giving it a good spanking.:no:

Hoping its Sunday at the very least!:D Still have the EX Skid from Mr. Nobile too *Demo* and, a certain Gizmo (On a little bigger N ) that "Hung a Ralph off the Pad" at Princeton recently.
If it doesn't behave this time....i'm giving it a good spanking.:no:

I hate to say it, but I think it was rejecting the paint.:facepalm::y::rofl:

Gus, my dad and I are planning to be there on Sunday! (I have a performance with the marching band in Indianapolis on Saturday.) I vote that you wait to fly the Gizmo until Sunday! Dad and I would love to see that!

Bought four motors at MWP to take home... aren't going to last as long as I anticipated! :wink: Planning on running three dual deploy flights for practice! Then its about time to look into getting a fiberglass build underway! Look forward to seeing you guys there!

Jacob, I will do my best too impress!:rolleyes: The Giz has been reprinted and the electronics improved also....
Four Motors? :surprised: I've created a monster!:D Wait till we start working on the electronics and, wrap it around some *Glass*. If you think it's fun now, wait till you see what the potential is later.
Rain, snow or shine ill be there!;)

Just got word the ND team is not going to make it and neither am I. Gotta work. :kill:

Just got word the ND team is not going to make it and neither am I. Gotta work. :kill:

Still looking forward too getting you down here one of these days Dave!;)

Folks i have some updates to pass along:
1. Bob Jablonski from County Line Cycles and, Hobbies will be here vending!:D
(Bob? Do you have a PVL ignition for....say....a 1983 Maico 490? My *Teutonic Trencher* hasn't thrown a roost in awhile!)
2. Dave from Red Arrow will also be here! (Call either of these two gentleman with your motor/parts/thing-a-mah-jigs......needs and, they will bring it down!)
3. Former Astronaut Col. USAF Dave Porter (13th man too walk on the moon will be here signing autographs and, taking pictures!) Get him while he's still warm!:D
4. Johnny D. from Marsa Systems Inc. is expected too show....and, will gladly show you the BEST altimeter available in the sport! (When he's not flying something.)

Yah Baby!:D

Bring boots, keep an eye on the weather....but, remember we fly even when it looks like it would be a scrub day for most other clubs.:rolleyes:

Expecting a LARGE crowd from the Central Illinois Aerospace Group, SCAM out of Fort Wayne, Wooshka, Quad Cities and, last but...not least our friends too the north at Michiana!:D

This is our chance too welcome you to the best field in the state of Indiana where everyday is "Big Sky Country!" Many pads of all shapes and, sizes from Estes Rod too Unistrut, Wilson F/X launch system, PA system stolen from Blue Oyster Cult (1978 world tour), 16k standing waiver.....UNLIMITED call in's too 22k!

I'll see you all on Sunday as i have too work on Saturday.

Come on out and, lets warm the ground up a little....from Micromax too "O" impulse....we look forward to seeing you all!:cool:

Last edited:
Wow! Even a normal monthly launch at Ash Grove is a major event! Hoping to get up there Sunday.

1. Bob Jablonski from County Line Motorsports and, Hobbies will be here vending!:D
(Bob? Do you have a PVL ignition for....say....a 1983 Maico 490? My *Teutonic Trencher* hasn't thrown a roost in awhile!)
2. Dave from Red Arrow will also be here! (Call either of these two gentleman with your motor/parts/thing-a-mah-jigs......needs and, they will bring it down!)
3. Astronaut Dave Porter (13th man too walk on the moon will be here signing autographs and, taking pictures!) Get him while he's still warm!:D
4. Johnny D. from Marsa Systems Inc. is expected too show....and, will gladly show you the BEST altimeter available in the sport! (When he's not flying something.)

Bring boots, keep an eye on the weather....but, remember we fly even when it looks like it would be a scrub day for most other clubs.:rolleyes:

Expecting a LARGE crowd from the Central Illinois Aerospace Group, SCAM out of Fort Wayne, Wooshka, Quad Cities and, last but...not least our friends too the north at Michiana!:D

This is our chance too welcome you to the best field in the state of Indiana where everyday is "Big Sky Country!" Many pads of all shapes and, sizes from Estes Rod too Unistrut, Wilson F/X launch system, PA stolen from Blue Oyster Cult (1978 world tour), 16k standing waiver.....UNLIMITED call in's too 22k!

I'll see you all on Sunday as i have too work on Saturday.

Come on out and, lets warm the ground up a little....from Micromax too "O" impulse....we look forward to seeing you all!:cool:

Wow! Even a normal monthly launch at Ash Grove is a major event! Hoping to get up there Sunday.

We are a small community of fun loving born again Rocket Scientists.....ALL of us!:D

I am very blessed too have such a good group of people around me too help out make this little dream a reality...and, that field is truly awesome!

If you have any *issues* please feel free too talk to me or any of our board members and, we will be more than happy too point you in the direction of Barry...;)

I will be there both days . May not fly ,have motors to burn but not the money . Crazy spent to.much money at mid west . But will be there to help with the range or rso

It just keeps gettin' better! All we need now is sunny and 70 with no wind. Id settle for sunny and 50 with a light breesze.

What day is Col. Porter expected to be there?

1. Bob Jablonski from County Line Cycles and, Hobbies will be here vending!:D
3. Former Astronaut Col. USAF Dave Porter (13th man too walk on the moon will be here signing autographs and, taking pictures!) Get him while he's still warm!:D

Back