In memory of rocket manufacturers that have....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go to the website and place your order. It would be to your advantage to do so soon, as the prices are going up by the end of this week.
Will do. From your other post, I though you were saying you had problems with your website.

Will do. From your other post, I though you were saying you had problems with your website.

Actually, the web service lost our server, no access, no email, nothing. However, we got reestablished and even got all of our old email back.
Thanks for the order, We'll send it out as soon as we are back from Texas.
But wow.... What are you going to do with a dozen King Krakens? ;)

Actually, the web service lost our server, no access, no email, nothing. However, we got reestablished and even got all of our old email back.
Thanks for the order, We'll send it out as soon as we are back from Texas.
But wow.... What are you going to do with a dozen King Krakens? ;)
I don’t know yet, but I’ll tell you what I’m not gonna do….tell my wife!

When I was 16-17, I used my hard earned money from Six Flags to buy components from Hawk Mountain to build a 3" rocket. Those were amazing parts. A bit slower than most to deal with since I had to snail mail checks, but the parts were great. I lawn darted the motor section from 5k due to an early charge (I think) and it just came out of the ground with a core sample in it. Cleaned it out, replaced the harness, and we were off to the races. After ~15 years, I finally donated the rocket to a pretty cool glass blowing shop that loves to collect stuff to mount on the walls/hang from the ceilings. It now hangs from their ceiling :)

Now, Dynacom... that's one that I also wish I got into early on. But I was given a built Anaconda earlier this year with only one flight on it (circa 1998). I plan on re-doing the av bay and sending it up again soon.

Scotglas, anyone? Also acquired a built BBII with the "3D" fin can from an estate of a service member that was deployed. I guess he instructed his father to sell it all, or something to that extent. There was some cool stuff in that collection. I still don't know who it was to this day. I will say that his son (or nephew?) is deaf/hard of hearing so if anyone is on TRF that was near the Jefferson City, MO area... Rest easy knowing that I am keeping the BBII alive.

Haven’t seen any sign of Scotglas since ‘98, when I bought a replacement nosecone for my 3.9” Nike Smoke.

Haven’t seen any sign of Scotglas since ‘98, when I bought a replacement nosecone for my 3.9” Nike Smoke.
Yes! THAT was the manufacturer of the Nike Smoke I had built! It was the 3.9" Scotglas kit! I loved that rocket! First purpose-built dual-deployment rocket in my fleet. I had retrofitted an EZI-65 before that, but that wasn't purpose-built.

Yes! THAT was the manufacturer of the Nike Smoke I had built! It was the 3.9" Scotglas kit! I loved that rocket! First purpose-built dual-deployment rocket in my fleet. I had retrofitted an EZI-65 before that, but that wasn't purpose-built.

You must have added a payload section to go dual deploy. Mine had a single body tube. I installed a 38mm motor tube in the nosecone to house a magnetic apogee detector.

True Modeler's Rocket Kits
Roachwerks
Blackhawk R&D
Edmond's Aerospace, same as all of us!

Someone, somewhere has a huge stash of Rogue parts and it’s not me. At one time LawnDart Rocketry (me) was Rogue’s biggest reseller and I was offered a lot of inventory when Rogue was closing down. But, I was back in school getting a degree in middle school education (figured that age group fit my maturity level). Pretty soon after that I closed up LawnDart Rocketry, as well. Keep meaning to do a limited run of SLAT/s, Nike Smokes, and modified MIRV Gryphons. Got everything but nose cones.

It is too bad they do not offer a few of their kits. Those were great kits.

Last edited:
Dynacom made me a custom kit when I got out of college for my L3 project. Flew it twice and got out of rocketry for a while. I flew it with my son at Airfest last year which was 20 years to the month from its first flight.

Attachments

• 7396F1BA-7BAD-46E7-8F27-53BC391D9993.jpeg
    7396F1BA-7BAD-46E7-8F27-53BC391D9993.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 79046E12-3428-4EFB-9C6A-82D694F5EA8D.jpeg
    79046E12-3428-4EFB-9C6A-82D694F5EA8D.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 26
Dynacom made me a custom kit when I got out of college for my L3 project. Flew it twice and got out of rocketry for a while. I flew it with my son at Airfest last year which was 20 years to the month from its first flight.

VERY cool! I had a Scorpion that I flew for years in Georgia and Texas until a deployment failure caused it to land in a flat spin that partially 'unwound' the body tube when a find planted. Now have an Aggressor that is 80% completed for dual deployment.

Very nice !

Any chance of your measuring it and posting dimensions and a fin pattern for cloning ?

Dave F.

1645592816595.png

Last edited:
VERY cool! I had a Scorpion that I flew for years in Georgia and Texas until a deployment failure caused it to land in a flat spin that partially 'unwound' the body tube when a find planted. Now have an Aggressor that is 80% completed for dual deployment.

Do you have a picture of that one, Tad?

Thanks for posting that! I did not know about the Dynacom line of FG tubes with sizes that had not settled into the modern conventions. Probably not enough of them left out there to warrant inclusion in the database though.

Glad you liked it!

Non-standard sizes were definitely an issue with FG early on. I still have 3 tubes left from back then, a pair of 5" and a 2.6". I remember making a few calls before settling on a ~2" tube for my 2nd scratch-build and having to make nose cone and couplers:

RenegadeNosecone2.jpg
Renegade.jpg

I second most of what has been mentioned already. Especially The Launch Pad!
A few to add:

Qualified Competition Rockets

North Coast Rocketry. Sorry, if there aren't Dark Stars and Black Hole Bettys, it's not NCR. Still, glad to see Matt selling stuff again.

Excelsior Rocketry. LOVED their decals and kit bash packs.

Public Missiles. Bought out by LOC

Tango Papa Decals. Have to assume he's out of business. E-mailed him a year ago January. Asked if he was still making decals. He said he was. Placed a pretty big order. In June I e-mailed him for I think the 4th time to ask about progress and he told me he was sorry but he had buried my order under some things on his desk and he would get back to work on it that week. Not a peep since.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back