In memory of rocket manufacturers that have....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Pemberton Technologies still up and running? Their website's still up...great designs and good kits. The only reason I ask is that there hasn't been any changes to their website for years. I think that's the issue with hawk mountain, too; when the website never changes, you wonder if they're still operating*.

And I just found my old, square body-tubed/square noseconed low power rocket...I forget the name of the mfg. Owner was selling kits at big Bong launch c. 2010...really nice guy

And what is/was the deal with Edmonds? Balsa Machining was making all the kits for them...they're still up and running; Why would that relationship end...did Edmond get tired of not making kits?

**one of the most beautiful rockets I've ever seen close up & then fly was a flawlessly finished HM Jumanji @bong, again c. 2008-2011. And it was/is so dam expensive...it's my grail rocket, sorta.

Last edited:
Is Pemberton Technologies still up and running? Their website's still up...great designs and good kits. The only reason I ask is that there hasn't been any changes to their website for years. I think that's the issue with hawk mountain, too; when the website never changes, you wonder if they're still operating*.

AFAIK they are still operating. Try a PM to @Pem Tech and see if Layne, or a llama, responds...

And I just found my old, square body-tubed/square noseconed low power rocket...I forget the name of the mfg. Owner was selling kits at big Bong launch c. 2010...really nice guy
I think you mean New Way? He’s still around. You can buy his kits through Erockets.

Did you purchase through the website?

I had previously queried Alan via email about a hybridised Raptor and finally got around to ordering it earlier this year. I placed the order thru the website with the reminder about the upgrade. Took a while to get as he had to find bits to fill the order.

**one of the most beautiful rockets I've ever seen close up & then fly was a flawlessly finished HM Jumanji @bong, again c. 2008-2011. And it was/is so dam expensive...it's my grail rocket, sorta.
A Jumanji has been my goto vehicle for some time now even though I had to completely rebuild the booster section after a cato in 2015. Flew my first 75mm motor in it in April this year. It is a really top notch craft. (See my sig!)

Well, it's not rockets specifically, but Wen Mac used to make great line control airplanes. A competitor to Cox back in the day.

Anybody know when they disappeared?

AFAIK they are still operating. Try a PM to @Pem Tech and see if Layne, or a llama, responds...
great if they they are! But vendors...please take note & throw a new message up on your homepage, and/or make other slight changes now & then, that tell us you still have a pulse. You never see these questions about Wildman/Madcow/MissileWorks/etc, cuz there's always something new and/or new notes from vendor on their website (usually homepage) to let us know they're still going strong.

I had previously queried Alan via email about a hybridised Raptor and finally got around to ordering it earlier this year. I placed the order thru the website with the reminder about the upgrade. Took a while to get as he had to find bits to fill the order.

A Jumanji has been my goto vehicle for some time now even though I had to completely rebuild the booster section after a cato in 2015. Flew my first 75mm motor in it in April this year. It is a really top notch craft. (See my sig!)

When I was 16-17, I used my hard earned money from Six Flags to buy components from Hawk Mountain to build a 3" rocket. Those were amazing parts. A bit slower than most to deal with since I had to snail mail checks, but the parts were great. I lawn darted the motor section from 5k due to an early charge (I think) and it just came out of the ground with a core sample in it. Cleaned it out, replaced the harness, and we were off to the races. After ~15 years, I finally donated the rocket to a pretty cool glass blowing shop that loves to collect stuff to mount on the walls/hang from the ceilings. It now hangs from their ceiling :)

Now, Dynacom... that's one that I also wish I got into early on. But I was given a built Anaconda earlier this year with only one flight on it (circa 1998). I plan on re-doing the av bay and sending it up again soon.

Scotglas, anyone? Also acquired a built BBII with the "3D" fin can from an estate of a service member that was deployed. I guess he instructed his father to sell it all, or something to that extent. There was some cool stuff in that collection. I still don't know who it was to this day. I will say that his son (or nephew?) is deaf/hard of hearing so if anyone is on TRF that was near the Jefferson City, MO area... Rest easy knowing that I am keeping the BBII alive.

Tim was always giving rockets and motors to people, encouraging them to push the edge of the envelope just a bit further... 😁
I remember Ross @ Magnum Rocketry. He was always at Muncie for the launches. First time I went he had a tarp over the cab of his truck, because a rocket went through the roof of the cab. I think that was May 1998.

I'm still confused on whether Polecat is back or not - I bought a few kits from Madcow after they acquired Polecat, but they seem to have just sold existing inventory without replenishing.

Not a kit provider, but I will add Attebery Performance Engineering (APE) to the list. I used a lot of his nose cone bays and am still bummed he closed up shop.

After ~15 years, I finally donated the rocket to a pretty cool glass blowing shop that loves to collect stuff to mount on the walls/hang from the ceilings. It now hangs from their ceiling :)

Glass blowing is fun, a local studio has classes for amateurs we did w/our kids. Makes me wonder about someone with the skills making a hand-blown, all-glass rocket? You can mold-on the fins, make integral glass loops for attaching cords, even create a forward thrust ring by putting a crimp in the bodytube where you need it. I say it can be done, and recovered safely. That person...for now...is NOT me, and if this idea goes any farther, I'll take it to another thread.

Has anyone done a blown glass rocket before? Maybe a coke-bottle nosecone?

Last edited:
I think you mean New Way? He’s still around. You can buy his kits through Erockets.

There was another company that had square rockets, Stellar Dimension. I don't believe they used square cardboard tubes but balsa pieces that built up into a square body. Two I have are Vector (built) and VR-T-GO (build pile).

I bought a kit from Layne at NARAM last fall.

Yes, we exist and are back from the edge of oblivion. Times were bad, at one point we even considered selling out. However my heart wouldn't let me do such a thing. Try contacting us at [email protected], we've had troubles with our web service and @pembertontechnologies.com webmail. Yahoo is much more reliable.
As far as kits go, we haven't added anything new in ages, but I've about finished with the Destructions on a new Jewel for our stable. Here is a partial glimpse. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!
SI sneak peek sized.jpg

great if they they are! But vendors...please take note & throw a new message up on your homepage, and/or make other slight changes now & then, that tell us you still have a pulse. You never see these questions about Wildman/Madcow/MissileWorks/etc, cuz there's always something new and/or new notes from vendor on their website (usually homepage) to let us know they're still going strong.

Will do.

Yes, we exist and are back from the edge of oblivion. Times were bad, at one point we even considered selling out. However my heart wouldn't let me do such a thing. Try contacting us at [email protected], we've had troubles with our web service and @pembertontechnologies.com webmail. Yahoo is much more reliable.
As far as kits go, we haven't added anything new in ages, but I've about finished with the Destructions on a new Jewel for our stable. Here is a partial glimpse. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!
View attachment 481316
The King Kraken looks really cool. Are they in stock?

Back