ICEs and EVs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Posting that drivel was just one more in the long list of reasons I need to keep him on my ignore list.
I don't think I'm ignoring anyone. It's somewhat interesting that people would take time to discuss something they don't like. I can't imagine spending even 5 seconds posting about how I dislike asparagus but hey.

⚡ 🔥⚡🔥⚡🔥⚡🔥

Beyond most people's budget, but a good sign of things to come:

https://www.teslarati.com/rivian-chicago-showroom/

Yep. Posting that drivel was just one more in the long list of reasons I need to keep him on my ignore list.
Caleb,

I'm sorry that you only like material from websites that tell you what you want to hear . . .

BTW - If I'm on your ignore list, you'll never know all the wonderful things I might be saying about you, or not.

Dave F.

I don't think I'm ignoring anyone. It's somewhat interesting that people would take time to discuss something they don't like.
Imagine going through life, only listening to what you want to hear, while you dismiss and disregard the rest . . . That can't end well, all things considered..

Hilarious. You honestly believe that junk like the article you posted was informative or in the least bit constructive?

It's just one more article in a pattern of trolling that you've established for years.

Post something useful and you might earn an ounce of respect in an adult conversation. I love to learn. That's not possible from the ridiculous things you lob in like grenades to these threads from sites like 'Epoch Times'.

Imagine going through life, only listening to what you want to hear, while you dismiss and disregard the rest . . . That can't end well, all things considered..
I guess that's why I don't ignore you.

And if people around here like rocket science and such, then I'll happily deliver what I find:

https://www.diu.mil/latest/departme...type-commercial-batteries-to-electrify-future
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...re-key-to-dods-battery-strategy-meeting-us-e/

Mine wasn't. I can hardly think of any ways to improve upon it, and I like it even more than my electric drill. I'll replace my PHEV with a 100% EV when the time comes.

Maybe this one! ☀️ :cool: :D:

https://aptera.us/wind-tunnel/
I'm very much looking forward to see how the Aptera does with the first customers.

From what I understand you do not own a EV... I have no problems with well built Toyota Hybrids

@Ez2cDave

Two things:

One, Ford was the major US car company who didn’t take the big government bail out last time big government bail outs happened. One hopes they will figure things out again. Time will tell. In the meantime I hope they succeed in getting the hybrid Maverick I ordered built and delivered. It will, if I get it, supersede the last ICE-only vehicle I own.

Two: Tesla (who certainly now seem to know how to make money on EVs)

This is the third or fourth time I’ve seen this particular story…..I’d love to know where these cars are “piling up”. It sure isn’t around here. I think I have seen one or two Mach-Es on Ford lots in my area, but they are never there for long. I guess I need to drop by my Kia dealer and see if Niro EVs or EV6s really are piling up. But I kind of doubt it.

This is the third or fourth time I’ve seen this particular story…..I’d love to know where these cars are “piling up”. It sure isn’t around here. I think I have seen one or two Mach-Es on Ford lots in my area, but they are never there for long. I guess I need to drop by my Kia dealer and see if Niro EVs or EV6s really are piling up. But I kind of doubt it.
'
All the EVs you might see on a lot are already bought, sitting there for 2-3 days for the owner to pick up. Not because they are so popular, but because they are so rare dodos

Now you know why there are no Tesla Lots or Dealers to look at; its a secret

The "field of dreams" business model isn't working yet for the big 3 it seems.

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/10/unsold-electric-cars-are-piling-up-on-dealer-lots
The big 3 have had a lot of trouble making small cars that people want, too. I'm sorta curious how much the overall stats are skewed by the luxury EVs that are out of reach of most consumers. The article says that they're more oversupplied than smaller cars.
They're not the big 3, but there seems to suddenly be a lot of Kia and Hyundai EVs on the road near me.
'
All the EVs you might see on a lot are already bought, sitting there for 2-3 days for the owner to pick up. Not because they are so popular, but because they are so rare dodos

Now you know why there are no Tesla Lots or Dealers to look at; its a secret
Not sure what you mean by no Tesla lots. There are 230+ stores in the US. It's true that none are dealers--Tesla operates all of them as company stores rather than paying the middleman dealer. The store locations are pretty easy to find on your preferred mapping website/app, not to mention straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/stores/United States

I don't think I'm ignoring anyone. It's somewhat interesting that people would take time to discuss something they don't like. I can't imagine spending even 5 seconds posting about how I dislike asparagus but hey.

⚡ 🔥⚡🔥⚡🔥⚡🔥

Beyond most people's budget, but a good sign of things to come:

https://www.teslarati.com/rivian-chicago-showroom/

I will pass , nothing from Rivian will ever be able to be bought buy middle income people; it is a rich guys truck that can't even do what a Tundra can do...

Not sure what you mean by no Tesla lots. There are 230+ stores in the US. It's true that none are dealers--Tesla operates all of them as company stores rather than paying the middleman dealer. The store locations are pretty easy to find on your preferred mapping website/app, not to mention straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/stores/United States

Non here now ;, there was one once, it burned down and they did not open again but it was not really a dealership ; just a "catalog store" like Sears in the old days or S&H green stamps...

Not a real car dealer; No real disclose on why it burned down ...

Non here now ;, there was one once, it burned down and they did not open again but it was not really a dealership ; just a "catalog store" like Sears in the old days or S&H green stamps...

Not a real car dealer; No real disclose on why it burned down ...
I'm not really sure what the distinction is between a "catalog store" and a "real car dealer." While I've never darkened the door myself, my understanding is that you can test drive different models and trim lines, drop a wheelbarrow of money on a new car, and get manufacturer-approved service at Tesla stores. I suppose they don't have an inventory on site, but that's a small price for not paying dealer markups or wondering if you could have negotiated the price down/if the salesperson ripped you off on upgrades. What else does a "real car dealer" do?

I'm not really sure what the distinction is between a "catalog store" and a "real car dealer." While I've never darkened the door myself, my understanding is that you can test drive different models and trim lines, drop a wheelbarrow of money on a new car, and get manufacturer-approved service at Tesla stores. I suppose they don't have an inventory on site, but that's a small price for not paying dealer markups or wondering if you could have negotiated the price down/if the salesperson ripped you off on upgrades. What else does a "real car dealer" do?

Nothing today is like buying a new truck or car in 2018; it's like see what our catalog is ??? Go look on a website and see

{Which was the year 2018 I bought my Tundra TRD SR5 deluxe off seeing it on the lot and drove it ; traded in my Silverado and Mustang Track GT}

Provides the manufacturer higher cash flow by holding the inventory and carrying the inventory costs. Then the manufacturer can use that cash for useful things like naming stadiums, buying luxury boxes and buying lobbyists and public servants.
All vital services. I mean, if nobody buys lobbyists, how are they going to make a (dis)honest living?!

Schedule a test drive at the closest dealership...

https://www.tesla.com/drive?second=true

I'm not going to drive to Jackson for I hour to test drive a car ; 20 years ago I would drive there to launch HPR rockets, I can't today sorry.

EDIT: I drove a few mins to test drive my 2018 Tundra made 3 deals on 3 different ways and we would decide on Monday which why I would sign ... on my Silverado and or Mustang to settle.... they said OK what you want we will do...

That won't happen again...

Last edited:
Hilarious. You honestly believe that junk like the article you posted was informative or in the least bit constructive?

It's just one more article in a pattern of trolling that you've established for years.

Post something useful and you might earn an ounce of respect in an adult conversation. I love to learn. That's not possible from the ridiculous things you lob in like grenades to these threads from sites like 'Epoch Times'.
My point is made . . . As long as you agree with posted information, all is well. But, if it contradicts your position, you immediately dismiss it as "non-informative" ( because you automatically oppose it ) or label it as "not constructive".

I think this article may be more your "speed" . . . https://www.salon.com/2019/06/17/li...lectric-cars-is-leaving-a-stain-on-the-planet

If someone from "Epoch Times" ( and you KNEW that they were from "Epoch Times" ) shouted to warn you of a falling object, would you listen to them and duck out of the way, or would you dismiss them as being "non-informative" or "non-constructive", right before you are crushed by the chunk of concrete, falling from the building under construction ?

You said that you "love to learn", but that requires you listening to, and considering, information with which you may not agree, rather than "dismissing it, out of hand" !

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/government-mandates-forcing-and-coercion.180893/#post-2457848

Dave F.

Last edited:
My point is made . . . As long as you agree with posted information, all is well. But, if it contradicts your position, you immediately dismiss it as "non-informative" ( because you automatically oppose it ) or label it as "not constructive".

I think this article may be more your "speed" . . . https://www.salon.com/2019/06/17/li...lectric-cars-is-leaving-a-stain-on-the-planet

If someone from "Epoch Times" ( and you knew they were from "Epoch Times" ) shouted to warn you of a falling object, would you listen to them and duck out of the way, or would you dismiss them as being "non-informative" or "non-constructive", right before you are crushed by the chunk of concrete, falling from the building under construction ?

You said that you "love to learn", but that requires you listening to, and considering, information with which you may not agree !

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/government-mandates-forcing-and-coercion.180893/#post-2457848

Dave F.
You see, this is why I'm against censorship of any kind. When someone who is ignorant/hateful/dogmatic/an ideologue speaks up, I am instantly informed of their views and can deal with it appropriately. Also, I sometimes learn something useful from hearing other peoples' opinions that I might not agree with.

@Ez2cDave, this is not to single you out. Indeed, I'm not singling anyone out in particular. I'm just stating my preference for observing the speech of others without telling them to shut up or disparaging their opinions. If anyone feels like I was targeting them, well, the stuck pig squeals the loudest.

You see, this is why I'm against censorship of any kind. When someone who is ignorant/hateful/dogmatic/an ideologue speaks up, I am instantly informed of their views and can deal with it appropriately. Also, I sometimes learn something useful from hearing other peoples' opinions that I might not agree with.

@Ez2cDave, this is not to single you out. Indeed, I'm not singling anyone out in particular. I'm just stating my preference for observing the speech of others without telling them to shut up or disparaging their opinions. If anyone feels like I was targeting them, well, the stuck pig squeals the loudest.
John,

I did not feel "singled out", at all . . .

The problem, here on TRF, and other online forums, is the "total lack of respect for the opinions of others", when they differ from, or contradict, another person's opinion. Rather, than considering other possibilities, they immediately attack the other person, without any regard for anything except their own beliefs, positions, or agenda's.

Dave F.

John,

I did not feel "singled out", at all . . .

The problem, here on TRF, and other online forums, is the "total lack of respect for the opinions of others", when they differ from, or contradict, another person's opinion. Rather, than considering other possibilities, they immediately attack the other person, without any regard for anything except their own beliefs, positions, or agenda's.

Dave F.
In other words, we agree.

I think I hear crickets coming from another direction. /shrug

Back