I need some email configuration help.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan15578

Reaction score
I have changed my ISP from CenturyLink to ImOn. Unfortunately Imon does not provide an email address or server, like CenturyLink did. I am using using Windows 7 with outlook 2010 with POP so that my emails reside on my computer and are available even in ISP service interuptions. I do have gmail on my windows 10 "work laptop", but it is browser bassed and sucky in many respects. I have been trying to get another free gmail account to work on my old Main computer, but I cannot get it working with MS Outlook 2010. I seem to need a Google/gmail APP Password but I cannot find the button where it should be to generate the needed APP Password. And of course I find the whole two factor authentication BS really sucky from an ease of use standpoint. So, how can get the APP password? Alternatively is there a better free email server that I can install as above, with fewer installation problems?

I'm using Thunderbird on my main PC, which replaced the Eudora that I had been faithfully updating on platforms since 1993 when Eudora, for a time, had some weird problem in Windows 7 prompting me to move. Thunderbird works great with Gmail and other sources of email. I've got archived emails going way back, from accounts long cancelled.

Been a while since I had to configure any of this but I believe POP has pretty much been replaced with IMAP. Thunderbird pretty much autoconfigures itself.

Back