Gmail Email no long works

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you have my Gmail account and try to send me an Email, I won't get it.
Apparently you now need a phone to log into your Gmail account.
Please contact me through if PM if needed.
I would call this discrimination since there is no other option, but who am I?

EDIT:
It appears that I can not log into You Tube either as it wants me to use my Gmail account to sign in.
This is going really effect me negatively as I watch several leather crafting channels a week.
I also have several channels on farming I listen to as well while working on my leather craft.
I don't understand why they can't use something besides a phone for verification?
Unless the Government has there hands in it so they can match phones to Email in the name of National Security.
In any event, this new security measure effects more than just loosing an important Email!
Only time will tell what else this change will effect that I depend upon.

Last edited:
There is a new security procedure for logging into some Google accounts.
I got the email recently. It involves not only logging in on your email but receiving a code on your phone. Adds another layer of security, I believe you can opt out of this extra security measure.
You can also add a recovery email address and have the code sent to that instead of a phone.

Turn off 2-Step Verification - Computer - Google Account Help

Last edited:
Go to voice.google.com and set up an account without using 2-factor security. Use it to receive the text.

2-step verification can be turned off - but, if you’re not already signed in to Google/GMail I’m not sure how it could be disabled - but 2-step is not required.

Attachments

• 36E8A027-3C80-423E-AE86-33E28C135D62.png
    36E8A027-3C80-423E-AE86-33E28C135D62.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 3
Back