HPR "Tres" FlisKits Upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by marvSRG
Awesome, dude. Awesome.

Ditto. No kidding Carl. Great job! It was a real pleasure to actually hold the completed Tres for a picture in the parking lot in the middle of the night. :D Glad to hear your efforts paid off! You've sold MattV's kid on rocketry for years to come!

Hi Carl,

I just saw the pics on Jim's site. All I can say is "WOW!" That Tres is a beauty. So majestic.

I haven't looked for one, but I sure hope somebody got video of her maiden flight?!?!

Great job, Carl. Very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted on rmr...

"Big News At Orangeburg Tomorrow"

"Tomorrow at the regular club launch in Orangeburg...
In addition to the student flights Tom Binford will be flying his Nike
Smoke on an M motor as well as his giant 3x upscale of a Flis Kits
Tres
on three J motors.
..."
Someone's always gotta go bigger. ;)

OK, so the flight was 5 months ago, but i finially got some time, the scanner (darkly), computer and pictures all together in the same space/time continuum. :D

Isn't she just BEAUTIFUL!!?? You shoulda been there!

When she was all ready to fly, the sport/HPR range informed the contest range to let them know that they were going to start the countdown. The contest range told them that *they* were going to count it down and apparently shut down the whole contest range and started the countdown.

It was just beautiful. The one video I've seen got buggered up because the wind was blowing in our faces and about 3 seconds after launch that thick black smoke trail was on top of us :)

Someone from the range remarked that this was the most complicated launch of the week and that Carl had performed *THE* launch of NARAM :D

way kewl

Back