HPR Motor in stores in Virginia!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasRocketMan

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any stores in Virginia that sell HPR motors? I am striking out everywhere I call and wondering if anyone knows of any.

Thank you!

Well, I know a guy but he is local only when he shows up at a launch. Where are you located? Ken at Performance hobbies hits many of the local launches. I fly at Battlepark and he is there fairly often. He is scheduled to be there Sat and Sun, Mar 23-24. It’s in Culpeper. Not sure where you’re at, so I have no idea if it’s close or not.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any stores in Virginia that sell HPR motors? I am striking out everywhere I call and wondering if anyone knows of any.
Usually, it's VERY hard to find a physical store that sells any rocketry supplies for mid-power (MPR) and high-power (HP) rocketry.
The addressable market audience for those corners of the hobby, while very exciting, is rather small and widely dispersed across the country. Thus most MPR and HP suppliers sell over the internet, or by visiting local HP launch events.

Low-power (LP) rocketry audience is much wider, and includes Scouts, parents, and kids. So LP rocketry kits and motors might be found at local stores. However, you will score more attractive discounts for LP rocketry supplies over the internet as well.

a

Ken from Performance Hobbies should be at the Novaar launch on Saturday the 16th. The launch is held at Great Meadows Event center, just north of Warrenton Va.

Well, I know a guy but he is local only when he shows up at a launch. Where are you located? Ken at Performance hobbies hits many of the local launches. I fly at Battlepark and he is there fairly often. He is scheduled to be there Sat and Sun, Mar 23-24. It’s in Culpeper. Not sure where you’re at, so I have no idea if it’s close or not.
Hey thanks for the reply! Probably should've said my location in the original post but I'm mainly located in the Virginia Beach area, however go to school at JMU in Harrisonburg so honestly anywhere in the state is good

Ken from Performance Hobbies should be at the Novaar launch on Saturday the 16th. The launch is held at Great Meadows Event center, just north of Warrenton Va.
Thanks! Thats about an hour away from my college so this intrigues me, is there any way of knowing what motors he's bringing prior or is it usually random?

Thanks! Thats about an hour away from my college so this intrigues me, is there any way of knowing what motors he's bringing prior or is it usually random?
Go to the Performance Hobbies website, his cell number and e-mail are on there, call, text, or e-mail him with want you want and he will let you know if he has it or has a close alternate

Go to the Performance Hobbies website, his cell number and e-mail are on there, call, text, or e-mail him with want you want and he will let you know if he has it or has a close alternate
This above. I’ll say his website isn’t always current as he hits a ton of launches and his inventory doesn’t always get updated. Ken is good at replying to emails. I saw him two weeks ago at Battlepark and he had a decent selection of DMS motors. He was still waiting on a rather large order from AeroTech for RMS stuff. So he was about out of reloads but had a nice selection of disposables

You got to watch him though! He kept pressuring me to buy a K-motor (and @tHoagland too), but I stayed strong and only walked away with a few G’s, a couple of I’s…oh, and that one H motor. 😜 He should be there next weekend.

You can order on his website and just ignore shipping and put a note “for pickup at Battlepark.” He’ll hook you up and the shipping goes away.

EDIT: or pickup at “your location.” His calendar on left hand ribbon on website is usually up to date so you know what launches he is showing up at.

You got to watch him though! He kept pressuring me to buy a K-motor (and @tHoagland too), but I stayed strong and only walked away with a few G’s, a couple of I’s…oh, and that one H motor.
I don't remember this but it does sound like me. I'm a big fan of supporting a vendor that puts in the time, money, and effort to show up to a launch. It's important for the hobby to have those guys there and I want make sure it's worth their time.

Besides, who doesn't want another (bigger) motor?

Hey thanks for the reply! Probably should've said my location in the original post but I'm mainly located in the Virginia Beach area, however go to school at JMU in Harrisonburg so honestly anywhere in the state is good
Ken is also at the MDRA launches. These are West of Dover Del. on the Eastern Shore in Maryland.
https://mdrocketry.org/

Ken shows up to many of our SEVRA launches, and we're located in VAB and launch out of some fields in NC.

https://sevra.org/?fbclid=IwAR0DkstK2D22zkICpan10HXTTXJVDA5G6fuPIqNX3xjVnZWOF99zrEgesjM

We're on FB, too. Network with us and we can help for local area stuff. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SEVRA621

Latest posts

Back