Happy New Year everyone. This is my first post to the forum. So first, introductions. I live in the Denver area and I've been out to the C.R.A.S.H launch at Bear Creek with my son's scout troop a few times over the years and in the process I've built quite a few small rockets and one true Mid power. (Aerotech Arreaux that suffered a chute failure on a single use G70 last time we were flying, that'll be a discussion for a different thread) I decided that I'd like to try to get L1 certified at Bear Creek and then build a slightly larger rocket with the scouts and launch it at the Hartsel launch this summer. Bear Creek is an un-waivered site with a 52 oz lift off weight limit and a 125 g propellant weight limit. Given those parameters and the fact that I had an un-built Leviathan kit in the basement I decided to attempt my certification flight on that. I started the build process and I'll try to post a couple of pics before I get to the questions. I peeled the motor tube and decided on Titebond III I also decided I would fully build the fin and motor assembly outside the rocket and then extend the fin slots to the end of the tube and insert the entire thing into the lower tube. Not sure it was the best idea, but that ship has sailed. Next I decided to use a length of kevlar cord so I notched the top centering ring, run the cord through it, and super glued a knot. I glued the green spacer on the top of the motor tube since it seemed like and easy and light weight way to secure the kevlar cord. I'll epoxy the short end of the cord to the motor tube when I get to the epoxy stuff. Next step was to start on the fins. I sanded the leading edges a bit and used an MDF jig to center the fins on the motor tube. Still using Titebond III for all of this stuff. I'm going to hit submit now and see if all the pics upload. Hopefuly back in a bit with more pics and the questions.