How do you close a water-proof watch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have removed the previous posts I made in this thread, because the owner of this site edited one of them behind my back. He did nothing to immediately inform me of his actions. I did not find out about the changes he made until I returned here and found his warning. He changed the meaning of my comments, and put words into my mouth that I did not say, something I do not appreciate and will not tolerate.

When I later discovered the forgery, and complained directly to him, I was banished from the site. My request that he not put words in my mouth and remove the forged post was also ignored during that period. So, since he would not remove what I did not say, I just removed it myself.

I was also threatened by the owner of this site in his last PM to me. If he acts on that threat, I will handle it in an appropriate manner.

Do you have a list of "The Seven Words You Can Never Say On TRF"? Use the feature in this software to automatically replace those words with "*****". But if a word is not on your prohibited list, then do not harass someone that mentions words you have not prohibited.

BTW, the "objectionable" words I originally used in this thread exist in several other posts on this site (and its predecessor), and were not removed elsewhere. Only mine was singled out.

Nor was any action was taken in another thread either where someone called me an idiot.

And contrary to what the site owner said in a now locked thread (or I would respond there) TRF makes me feel VERY uncomfortable.

Most of you do not know me at all. Maybe a couple of you do, but since almost every one here hides behind some sort of nickname I can not tell for sure. I am a BAR that was in the hobby as a kid back in the 70s, and returned with my kids a few years ago. I had tried this site when I got back into things. I did not like the way it was run, and left. When it just came back with a clean slate, I thought that things might be different now, and decided to give it another try. I was wrong.​

While I do not see anything in this post that in any way violates the policy of this site, I doubt that this post will remain up very long, and fully expect that my account and every trace that I was ever here will be swiftly be deleted by the management. When that happens, you will know exactly what you are dealing with here.

Fortunately, Sherman has saved everything with my Wayback machine :(

Mr Peabody and Sherman
Set the wayback machine for 1984...

Just to clarify for everyone, Roy, what you posted two weeks ago was not in keeping with the Terms and Conditions you agreed to keep when you joined the board; you referred to a part of a person's anatomy in a vular way. A violation. I replaced it with the word "guts", completely harmless.

I am finding it ironic that you've posted again here with your frustrations no more than five minutes after I posted here, and within a day of your two week ban being lifted.

The moderators and administrators of this forum have the right to remove anything offensive and in violation of the agreed upon principles; principles that you agreed to when becoming a member of this private message board. You were not forced to join TRF.

They weren't edited behind your back, they were edited to prevent other individuals from seeing the language that you used. Additionally a PM was dispatched immediately to you, however you had logged off the board by then. We will not leave anything offensive up for minutes, hours, days, or weeks not knowing when a person will log back on - especially as offensive as your comment was. We will not expose other individuals to such. Editing an offensive post is not forgery.

You received a temporary ban to this site, because of the subsequent vulgar and attacking PM you sent me personally, only after being warned, and then proceeded to print further matter on this board that was still not in harmony with the conditions you personally agreed to. Again, you accepted the rules and guidelines when joining this private message board.

Remember no one is forced to participate on TRF. If you're uncomfortable here, we'd invite you to visit other forums that are more towards your liking so individuals can enjoy this forum without any distractions.

However, when visiting this forum and accepting the terms of this forum you agree to keep the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back