History Channel... rocketry related special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
There's a special on the History Channle (cable) tonight/Friday at 8:00 p.m. central. The title of the program (not sure on the spelling here) is The Nordhausen Rocket Factory. It appears to be during WWII, and looks to have quite a bit of V2 footage. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Got the RePlay all set. The description of the show refers more to the efforts of the slave labor to sabotage the Nazi rocket program.

Isnt that the big tunnel (under-mountain) rocket factory in Germany? If it is, its during WWll, and thats where they make the V2s... I might be thinking of someplace else, though... Anyways, I wish I could see it....:(

Originally posted by Neil
Isnt that the big tunnel (under-mountain) rocket factory in Germany? If it is, its during WWll, and thats where they make the V2s... I might be thinking of someplace else, though... Anyways, I wish I could see it....:(

That's the one. It was a rather interesting program. Lots of V2 information and footage, but mostly focused on the harshness and brutalities carried out in building and running the factory. Talked alot about von Braun as well. Quite interesting. They had interviews with some of the slaves that built the V2's, and I loved listening to them talk about sabotaging the missiles to keep them from launching properly. Talking about doing weak welds and what not. Very interesting. Never realized that the V2's were mostly built by slave labor like that.

Loopy

Back