Help me ID my Rockets!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danb

Reaction score
I'm planning on flying this weekend for the first time in a few years. A couple years ago I built a few kits, but forgot their names! I'd like to look up the "suggested motors". Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 2
Pic 1 Blue and white looks like the Estes Solar Warrior.

Don't recognize the other one

Pic 1 left looks similar to the Semroc VF-261 but larger.
And the wingtip pods are different. Maybe upscale?

Last edited:
Agree with Goose, the blue/white one is the Estes Solar Warrior. D12-5 is a good place to start.

The large silver one looks like something from Pemberton Technologies, but there isn't anything quite like that on their current site.

Thanks so far for the ID's. I very rarely scratch build. Chances are 99% that the silver one is a kit. Note the different fin sizes. That may make a difference.

It looks a lot like 3FNC from PemTech. But the fins are attached further aft and the length is a little longer than the 3FNC. However, if the fins were glued a little more forward to match the kit, I think the length would be right, too.

http://www.pembertontechnologies.com/3fnc/

Last edited:
The ID of the Solar Warrior and Defender is confirmed, right @danb ? Where were you shopping back when you were active? That silver one has aspects of the kits already mentioned but to me it looks like a bashed Estes Big Daddy. I know you ruled out a scratch build so the mystery continues.

What size motor mount on the mystery rocket? And do you have the original chute in there? Sometimes you can get a clue to the manufacturer even if their logo is not on the chute. Some manufacturers use mylar exclusively. Some use a textured solid color plastic. Some use different shroud line attachments, etc.

That silver one is a puzzler.

It looks like a V2, with different fins. Fins from a Rocketship Luna, or Lunar Express. The tailcone keeps throwing me.

It will be interesting to see if it can be Identified.

Goose

Definitely is not the Pemberton 3FNC nor the Loc Little Lunar Express. The Silver Comet doesn't have the pods.
It looks familiar, but I can't place it....

The pods are also wrong for the Semroc VF-261

Agree - motor size would help ID it.

Back