Hello

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnboy11171

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is John.I am new to the forum.I am 40 years old.I live in Port Wentworth,Ga.It is about 15 miles from Savannah,GA.I have been into model Rocketry since I was 10 years old.:)

Hi John, nice to meet ya'.
Crazy Jim, you out there? That's the fellow that can steer you in the right direction in your neighborhood. Have a little patience though, he sometimes only comes out at night.

John,

Welcome to TRF. I started around 7 with help from my grandpa :) This is a great place to share, learn and teach so enjoy yourself!

jim

We are glad you joined in here, the more the merrier-
Ask qstns, post pix, try to ignore the local kooks (no, not gonna name names)

Before long you'll probably find yourself answering other folks' qstns....

did anyone bring up crazy jim yet? :D

He lives in savannah, he's a super awesome dude who will help you with just about anything you need help with! Even gluing stuff to yourself!

(although I am an expert in the cell phone glued to the face department as well...)

Braden

welcome :D rocketry is like that, you get into it young and it hits you how cool it really is when you get older. There are great people into the hobby across the country you just happen to be close to one of the guys who's builds inspire people internationally. Just remember to pass it on to the youth around you, an older influence has amazing impact on youth. Rocketry provides alot of life lessons, responsibility, pride, honesty, hard work, and overall enjoyment in life and what you do with yours.

Howdy Johnboy,

we be neighbors! Drop me a PM I'll send you my phone #

I live on Bolton St. by Forsyth Park Downtown Savannah. Here is a link to the club I fly with when home in the South.

ICBM Tripoli & ROSCO Nar groups fly here.
https://www.tripolisc.org/modules/sections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1

Right down the road Orangeburg.... 95 to 26 to 301 exit. About 1/4 mile from exit to SuperSod farm where we launch on 2 sq. miles of sod farm. Takes me hour and half to hour to an hour + 45 min to get there, depending on traffic.

Every month of the year. We have all needed equipment.....just show up! They are always 2 day launches, should you wish to go the weekend,the Days Inn on other side of exit has special rates for rocket guys.

Waiver to 10,000 ft . We have a vendor Ken Allen Performance Hobbies

https://www.performancehobbies.com/ who brings his mobile store just about to every launch with all the motors and kits you could want or need.

So please consider this an invitation to come join us at the Crown Jewel of the South to fly or contact me for further info .

CJ

Been at St Patrick's for last few days, he knows what that's all about.

Come on to O'burg! We have a great time!
Crazy Jim goes for a swim. LOL
Brian is Most Shocking!!:y:

I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Back