Hello Rocket enthusiasts.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alvise

Reaction score
I have been actively working on rocket design and flight computer programming for 5 years.
Although I have 5 years of experience in rockets, I have a little more experience in drone and aircraft. But the rocket world is getting a little more exciting.
I just discovered this forum and it's great to see someone talking and discussing rockets. I've been able to discuss rockets with very few people so far, I hope we can discuss it here with more rocket enthusiasts.
I'm currently working mostly on active stabilization of the rocket.
I plan to use Fins to make the rocket follow an active trajectory. But this will be the first test, I've never tested it before.

Good luck to everyone in creating their hobbies.

1679572062251.pngI've actually tested a lot of things, especially on systems on the ground.But it looks like I still need some research and suggestions to design my own rocket.I'm currently trying to determine the right motors that can enable me to do active roll stabilization with the right canards for a rocket that can go 2+ mach.I know most of the servo motors on the market because I have tested some of them on RC planes.But I have my doubts that these could control a rocket of this speed.For this he concentrates on dynamixel servos. They are expensive but they seem to work well.They seem to be particularly good for analysis(Onboard PID set,present position,load,velocity).I was particularly interested in the mx-64 and mx-106.But they have a little problem ''Backlash=20 [arcmin] (0.33 [°])

This gap will make it difficult for me to get the correct PID values in stabilization. Do you think this will be a problem?

If anyone has an opinion on this, I'd be happy to read it.

Back