Hello from Vancouver Island

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElrinV

Reaction score
Hi there!

Just joined and would like to reach out to others in the Vancouver island or even southern BC area. With all the recent excitement with rocketry with Virgin Galactic, Blue Origin and SpaceX, there's hopefully more people interested.

I have been a rocket enthusiast since I was young and many decades ago built rockets and motors for flying. I'm an engineer, so have good technical skills at designing and building things and have a teenage son who is also interested in rockets and robotics. We'd like to start small but if all goes well, expand into some larger rockets and even some TVC gimbaled rockets.

Please reach out if you are in the area and want to build and launch rockets together!

Welcome, as a fellow Canadian, and having spent time on the wet coast!

Nanaimo? Cambel River? Uclulet?!

There are some BC people, but not a lot. teh main 'groups' tend to come from Alberta, flying at Lethbridge.. You may also want to post in the 'international' forum, as that sees a few of us 'Canucks'..

Well, I'm nowhere near Vancouver Island, but welcome anyhow... I like the cut of your jib! I'm an engineer myself, just waiting to burst into the green fields of retirement... and ROCKET LAUNCHES!

Hello from Southern Colorado! I am also new to the forum. So many wonderful people here to talk to and a great place to get information.

Hi there, for the members on Vancouver Island, where do you launch your rockets? I'm actually on the lower mainland. I'm looking for a place for our first rocket launch. Can anyone help?

Back