Hello, I'm a rocket enthusiasts from China

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss_Monkey

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a solid rocket enthusiast from China, my nickname is Boss Monkey. My esearch fields: aircraft outflow, rocket motor inflow, solid rocket thermal protection, CFD.

My best friend and best partner - Misaka, has joined this forum yesterday. In the past 8 years, we have mastered very completed rocket design technology and become one of the best amateur rocket enthusiast teams in China.

We have designed and manufactured many solid rockets, some use the gyroscopic moment to be stabilized, some are equipped with ultra-light non-metallic thrust vector control actuators - high temperature ceramic jet vanes, some are almost reached Mach 3, which relyed on carbon fiber ultra-light engine shells, some has thrust more than 2000N.

Here are some of our works.

DSCF6756_Moment3.jpg

Figure 1 Spin-stable rocket
DSCF6741_Moment.jpg
Figure 2 High-performance engine with phenolic composite nozzle
DSCF6787_Moment2.jpg

1650466643598.jpeg
Figure 3&4 Ultra Light Non-Metallic TVC Actuators——High Temperature Ceramic Jet Vanes
draw8_1.jpg
Figure 5 TVC rocket flight path
qq_pic_merged_1650467002421.jpg

Nozzle_8MPa_5.jpg
VideoCapture_20220420-231048.jpg

VideoCapture_20220420-231034.jpg
Figures —— Some CFD/CTD/CSD work.

Thanks for watching, and if you like our works, we'll go into more detail. This is our first time posted on an international forum. I hope we can communicate with and learn from each other.

Last edited:
欢迎! 欢迎!

来自烟台的问候!

电机设计和构造是一个敏感话题。 我不知道我们能帮你多少。 然而,爱好火箭是另一个话题。

请原谅任何翻译错误...我正在使用谷歌的翻译。

That said... You guys are working well above my paygrade... Neat stuff!!!

祝一切顺利!

Last edited:
欢迎! 欢迎!

来自烟台的问候!

电机设计和构造是一个敏感话题。 我不知道我们能帮你多少。 然而,爱好火箭是另一个话题。

请原谅任何翻译错误...我正在使用谷歌的翻译。

That said... You guys are working well above my paygrade... Neat stuff!!!

祝一切顺利!
Nice to meet you. As you said, making the engine is very dangerous, we must follow the test safety principle and local laws. You can communicate with us in English,both we can speak a little English, and we also want to practice our English.

Except in writing (thanks to Google) my Mandarin is pretty bad, so speaking English will probably be how I'll have to communicate with you.

Indeed, this is very cool. I've been seeing a lot of very interesting things coming out of China lately in regards to amateur rocketry.

If you wouldn't mind answering, what sort of ceramics are you using for your jet vanes (also what sort of exhaust temperatures are you dealing with and does it have metal in it)? Are you using a standard 90-degree gear motor or have you added some sort of encoder for measuring position?

Indeed, this is very cool. I've been seeing a lot of very interesting things coming out of China lately in regards to amateur rocketry.

If you wouldn't mind answering, what sort of ceramics are you using for your jet vanes (also what sort of exhaust temperatures are you dealing with and does it have metal in it)? Are you using a standard 90-degree gear motor or have you added some sort of encoder for measuring position?
Nice to meet you. Our engine has a total temperature about 2300K, and it doesn't have metal. (metal will cause serious ablation problem, and we are trying to solve it). The ceramic is a kind of structural ceramics, we are still working on it. After our research is more satisfactory, we will publish the data of this ceramic.

We use a standard gear motor to drive the jet vane,a angular transducer added to the axle. It forms a closed-loop angle control system.

Welcome to the forum Boss Monkey. For "just students" you have impressive work. Nice to see.

Your English is really quite good, and so much better than my non-existent Chinese or Mandarin :) .

We all have a lot to learn about rocket science, and there is some great information here. Enjoy!

Welcome! This is the kind of stuff I like to see - I did a lot of work in FEA, only a little in CFD, but hopefully as my retirement progresses I will have more time to pursue this sort of "fun". It looks like you are taking a serious, careful approach and have reaped good fruit from your efforts. We have folks here as well that use thrust vector control systems, tracking systems and other such interesting topics. I'm not one of them! (yet!).

Welcome! This is the kind of stuff I like to see - I did a lot of work in FEA, only a little in CFD, but hopefully as my retirement progresses I will have more time to pursue this sort of "fun". It looks like you are taking a serious, careful approach and have reaped good fruit from your efforts. We have folks here as well that use thrust vector control systems, tracking systems and other such interesting topics. I'm not one of them! (yet!).
Oh, nice to meet you! I'm interested in CFD , but it is very difficult for me. I have already learned it for 2 years, but I feel that I am based on experience rather than theory.

Oh, nice to meet you! I'm interested in CFD , but it is very difficult for me. I have already learned it for 2 years, but I feel that I am based on experience rather than theory.
Well, that's always been the way that I have approached CFD or FEA, or any sort of "black box" analysis program. If you can't make a computer analysis that makes sense with your experience, you could be fooling yourself badly. I'm old enough that I had to use slide rules in my mathematics courses. And I've seen many younger folks make computer analysis that are nonsense, because they have no experience that tells them that their results are nonsense. So keep applying your experience to CFD and it will soon be a big help to you.

Back