Hello ALL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. I suggest spending a few days wearing out the search function. You'll find not only the answers to your many questions, but many answers and questions you never would have thought of. And in fact, you'll likely get more, and more complete answers, in less time than waiting for people to respond to your posts.

We’ve got a couple of options in San Diego. There is a low-power club that flies at Fiesta Island, the Diego Area Rocketry Team (DART). Vocational STEAM Works Rocketry (VSWR) does contest flying at that same site for competitors in The American Rocketry Challenge (TARC).

Further east at Imperial County’s decommissioned Holtville Airport is the Tripoli Rocket Association’s San Diego prefecture (TRASD), and further north is the Rocketry Organization of California (ROC) flying out of Lucerne Dry Lake in San Bernardino County.

There is also a no-club permitted site in Escondido. Open 7 months of the year for flying small models if you can get fire department approval.

I can’t say I know much beyond this. Check out the NAR and Tripoli websites and see if there are sections and clubs near you.

Back