Has anyone used these 3" x 14.5" tubes from Rocketarium? ($1)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like he's blowing out the short 14.5" pieces.... I'm guessing perhaps the cutoffs from another batch. Just a guess.
If you have a use for lots of little pieces, then sounds like your deal. Not gonna see them cheaper...

Just as a heads up: Those are 3" i.d.?

The T300 tubes sold by Balsa Machining Service are 3" o.d.?

For scratch builders who make their own nose cones, fin cans, centering rings, etc. not a big deal. But for others, it could be an issue.

T300-343.000 x 2.930 x 0.035 x 34in long$11.00

Last edited:
From that link. 3.00" (75mm) Airframe Tubing: White Tubing 3.0″ ID x 3.1″OD x 34″ length.
Thanks.. I was clicking on the 3.00" (75mm) Airframe Tubing... and nothing happened. Weird how they show the tubes in 2 places on the same page?

In any event, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks.. I was clicking on the 3.00" (75mm) Airframe Tubing... and nothing happened. Weird how they show the tubes in 2 places on the same page?

Yeah, not the best usability on the site....

Not too bad once your realize how the LOC Site works...

All the boxes at the top... think of as a "quick select" for people who know what they want...

Then the lower section has all the spelled out details if your "looking around".

It's the same layout on all there "component pages"

Shipping is brutal.

Yeah, I messaged them about that one time and they said that they do not know how AC Supply ships stuff for free. One of those places that it is great if you live close by.

I put a relatively large order with a bunch of BT-80, BT-60, 3", 2.6", larger motor mounts, etc... and was able to add 12 of these into the order without impacting the already high shipping ($50+) too much.

Last edited:
The shipping calculator seems off to me. I started with 20 tubes (oddroc scratchbuilder here) and then added two kits I've had on my list for years. The shipping was about $22. I then removed one of the kits to see how much the shipping decreases and it went UP to $24! WTH.

I think I then took the remaining kit away and the shipping didn't change at all. Wackiest shipping charges I've seen yet.

So I ended up ordering both kits, some rail buttons and the tubes.

Thanks @BigMacDaddy !

BTW - They shipped the same day and I just saw that they're in Canada!

Back