Has anyone purchase from Bad Boy Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad things went south on this order, but it sounds like you got impatient. 24 hours is hardly gross negligence (especially since you already had an initial acknowledgment on the issue) and given you had four previous, good orders with him I'm surprised that you jumped to reporting him as a problem to ebay so quickly? I'm also surprised ebay agreed it was problem given the short time involved and the fact this was such a highly rated seller.

Yes BBR is a business, but a small one w/o regular office hours and structured around someone's real life. And you don't seem willing to give him credit for his first response within 45 minutes of your bringing it to his attention! That's pretty good initial response time and as you describe it it sounds like he was taking the foundational steps to try and address your issue. He didn't just shut you down and say "tough luck". Did you mention that part in reporting to ebay?

I've dealt with BBR a number of times and have always gotten quality service and product. Yes, sometimes I've had to wait a day or two for a response. It's also not that uncommon in my experiences on ebay from a whole host of sellers. I have no problem with that delay because Jim's always come through, has had quality workmanship, and stands by his work. You might be an ex-BBR customer now, but I'd urge you to try to have more patience with other vendors in this hobby in the future. Many/most are hobby businesses and as such are woven around an individual's competing time for work (day job), family, sleep, relaxation, general social obligations, et al. Given all the facts - and as a small business owner myself - I really feel like you jumped the gun on this.

It's too bad things went south on this order, but it sounds like you got impatient. 24 hours is hardly gross negligence (especially since you already had an initial acknowledgment on the issue) and given you had four previous, good orders with him I'm surprised that you jumped to reporting him as a problem to ebay so quickly? I'm also surprised ebay agreed it was problem given the short time involved and the fact this was such a highly rated seller.

Yes BBR is a business, but a small one w/o regular office hours and structured around someone's real life. And you don't seem willing to give him credit for his first response within 45 minutes of your bringing it to his attention! That's pretty good initial response time and as you describe it it sounds like he was taking the foundational steps to try and address your issue. He didn't just shut you down and say "tough luck". Did you mention that part in reporting to ebay?

I've dealt with BBR a number of times and have always gotten quality service and product. Yes, sometimes I've had to wait a day or two for a response. It's also not that uncommon in my experiences on ebay from a whole host of sellers. I have no problem with that delay because Jim's always come through, has had quality workmanship, and stands by his work. You might be an ex-BBR customer now, but I'd urge you to try to have more patience with other vendors in this hobby in the future. Many/most are hobby businesses and as such are woven around an individual's competing time for work (day job), family, sleep, relaxation, general social obligations, et al. Given all the facts - and as a small business owner myself - I really feel like you jumped the gun on this.
I could have possibly jumped the gun a little but it’s not like him not to get back within a couple of hours. You’re only given so much time from delivery to make a response or you loose your time for a refund. Like I said no problems in the past 4 years and he always responded back in a short time every time. Not saying he should have dropped everything to answer me because he’s busy but at least answer that question being I responded back right away within a minute when he asked.

I don’t know why he was asking if I had the original box it came in with all of its contents? It sounded like to me he wanted me to ship it back but I never got an answer. It was my money that was on the line. If you purchase something from a store that’s defective and you ask for a refund they don’t close the door and lock it when they see you coming! Besides I could have given him a poor rating but I gave him a Neutral rating.

I don’t know what to say anymore about it. It is what it is. It wasn’t a complaint through eBay it was just a refund request. A refund or a complaint are two different things. The kit can still be resold as new unused when he replaces the defective 4 inch tube. He should have never sent the kit out with a tube looking like that when I purposely asked for a good tube. I will take some of the blame with eBay but the rest was his fault. None of this would have never happened if he did right the first time as requested. Instead he got insulted. Life’s to short, get over it.

I could have possibly jumped the gun a little(...)
You think!? I would have given him at least a week. You don't know what's going on in his life. Filing a refund request after only one day was definitely ridiculous. Your worrying about running out of time is also silly since you have a full thirty days on eBay to return an item.

A refund and a complaint are not two different things. Ebay is known to deal harshly with sellers who get complaints and refund requests. He is likely to face further scrutiny from eBay as a result of your actions. That is why you were banned.

I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting when you started this thread @flyingeagle but it looks like the consensus is that you treated a good vendor rather shabbily on this one. Perhaps if you step back and take a long look at some of the constructive comments here it will help you get some better outcomes in the future.

I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting when you started this thread @flyingeagle but it looks like the consensus is that you treated a good vendor rather shabbily on this one. Perhaps if you step back and take a long look at some of the constructive comments here it will help you get some better outcomes in the future.
Look there wasn’t a 30 day return. It was no returns excepted. I wasn’t going to get stuck for $41.00 plain and simple. I asked if anyone had some kind of a bad experience with BBR? I answered questions that was asked honestly. Would you like me to lie? It’s done and over with. Time to move on. Gota stop beating a dead horse. I received responses but it seams like everyone is now turning this into a mountain now. I don’t know what maybe might be going on in his life but it has nothing to do with sending out bad parts. It done with. If you don’t like being asked for a refund then you might be in the wrong business. I don’t care what kind of a rating you have it has to start somewhere. Not every seller is perfect unless you live in a perfect world. What are you looking for now?

I purchased 5 of the Gooneybird kits from him on eBay. Only issue I had was one kit had a cracked fin. I just got out some balsa, cut a new one and kept building.Otherwise, no issues with the kits I received.
Hi Mark, So sorry you had a fin issue. Please, always reach out to us via eBay messenger if you ever have an issue with a kit. And thanks for loving the Birds!!

You think!? I would have given him at least a week. You don't know what's going on in his life. Filing a refund request after only one day was definitely ridiculous. Your worrying about running out of time is also silly since you have a full thirty days on eBay to return an item.

A refund and a complaint are not two different things. Ebay is known to deal harshly with sellers who get complaints and refund requests. He is likely to face further scrutiny from eBay as a result of your actions. That is why you were banned.
Thank you for your insight. We work really hard to give great customer service and we did so in this situation as well. We granted a return immediately (within 5 hours of his inital contact) and eBay completely supported our position. Had this customer allowed a reasonable response time (more than 5 hours) we would have happily replaced what HE considered a damaged fitting. The story being told is simply not the truth.

Welcome to the party @Bad Boy Rocketry ! The OP has shared (overshared ?) some personal issues that may have colored his response to this little drama. Personal issues... we all got'um right? :) Hopefully he's getting some help for his.

Is Bad Boy Rocketry legit? I have purchased from this site through eBay a couple times but had problems with my last kit I received. I had to send out back for a refund but because of a refund was returned I have been blocked from future purchases. Has anyone ever had a similar problem with purchasing from them?
I am so stunned at you! You know absolutely that we are legit. We have answered literally DOZENS of your messages about rockets and kits and building rockets in the past 6 months. In answer to your question...No...no one has had that problem. You are the ONLY time we have ever been asked for a return or refund. You have incredible nerve for coming here and bad mouthing us. Tell the truth.

How long was it between when he initially replied to you and when you filed the complaint with ebay?
It was 5 hours! We responded to his initial message within 45 minutes, asking if he still had the box.....and then went to work. Within the next 5 hours we received EIGHT additional messages AND a refund request, which we granted even though it was dishonest in nature. The kit was not defective (as he stated) nor was the part he is referring too, but we were absolutely prepared to replace the part (a piece of 4" coupler with an unnoticed rough edge) at our expense and move on. If he had allowed a reasonable time frame to do so. We just can't make it happen in 5 hours or less!

I am so stunned at you! You know absolutely that we are legit. We have answered literally DOZENS of your messages about rockets and kits and building rockets in the past 6 months. In answer to your question...No...no one has had that problem. You are the ONLY time we have ever been asked for a return or refund. You have incredible nerve for coming here and bad mouthing us. Tell the truth.
Thanks for answering! My point taken! Upset over a refund. You asked me if I had the original box with all its contents? I answered Yes. No reply after that. You asked within the first 45 minutes of my first reply! Fine after that nothing. I sent several replies back not sure if they were going through. I never had an issue in the past but you wouldn’t reply anything like I will get back to you later. I even apologized. Well the question in here wasn’t to bash you or your company but wondering if it was just me and why over a return was a little ridiculous. If someone ask me a question, yes I’m going to answer it. You made your point and time to move on. The rocketry forum is not the place for this.

Welcome to the party @Bad Boy Rocketry ! The OP has shared (overshared ?) some personal issues that may have colored his response to this little drama. Personal issues... we all got'um right? :) Hopefully he's getting some help for his.
Thank you! It's unfortunate that this was our initiation to the group. I hope our ACTUAL reputation and commitment to the hobby shines thru this nonsense. Sidebar: we actually sent this customer condolences on his loss of Mia right after she passed. We get THAT, but, THIS...not so much.

Thanks for answering! My point taken! Upset over a refund. You asked me if I had the original box with all its contents? I answered Yes. No reply after that. You asked within the first 45 minutes of my first reply! Fine after that nothing. I sent several replies back not sure if they were going through. I never had an issue in the past but you wouldn’t reply anything like I will get back to you later. I even apologized. Well the question in here wasn’t to bash you or your company but wondering if it was just me and why over a return was a little ridiculous. If someone ask me a question, yes I’m going to answer it. You made your point and time to move on. The rocketry forum is not the place for this.
So we're clear - you're claiming that taking five hours to respond is the equivalent of not responding at all?

Yet this is precisely where you brought it. Not at all upset over a refund. Grateful for it actually. What is upsetting is the lack of honesty. I will not engage with you further on this matter. This is NOT what we came here for, But, I absolutely will set the false record straight. Every time! If we make a mistake, we say so...but I will not stand for dishonesty.

Yet this is precisely where you brought it. Not at all upset over a refund. Grateful for it actually. What is upsetting is the lack of honesty. I will not engage with you further on this matter. This is NOT what we came here for, But, I absolutely will set the false record straight. Every time! If we make a mistake, we say so...but I will not stand for dishonesty.
Again I will still apologize and Thank You for responding about Mia. She’s gone and by cancer is returning. I’m not myself but I’m not using this as an excuse. If your block was lifted we could put our differences aside but I can’t make people change. Thanks anyway.

Again I will still apologize and Thank You for responding about Mia. She’s gone and by cancer is returning. I’m not myself but I’m not using this as an excuse. If your block was lifted we could put our differences aside but I can’t make people change. Thanks anyw

I purchased a kit that had a 4 inch by 4 inch cut BT. I asked to please make sure that tube is good. When I got the kit the tube was cut by hand crooked in different places and the ends were ruffed up with some of the tube thickness/paper outer layer missing. I had taken pictures and sent them to BBR. I contacted BBR about the tube defect. He responded back within 45 minutes. He asked do you have the original box and all its contents? I replied YES. I don’t know why he was asking me that? I had the feeling he wanted it back. I didn’t hear back from him. I wasn’t sure if my reply got back to BBR so I replied again Yes why are you asking? Nothing! I was waiting for BBR to say I will get back to you and make it right! Nothing. I wound up sending around 4 replies to him. The rest of the day went by and half the night so another reply went out. Nothing!

Not hearing back from BBR with several replies and ample time I contacted eBay for a full refund. eBay asked reason for refund and I picked item defective. eBay wanted to know what was wrong with it and I said it wasn’t as advertised as the pictures. The 4 inch tube was cut crooked and rough. I also told them the seller wasn’t returning my reply’s. eBay contacted BBR and what do you know he responded back right away with a story to cover his own back making himself as the perfect eBay seller.

The kit was sent back packed better than he packed it and a full refund was issued. BBR got insulted because he had to refund the kit. He should have responded back with something but I felt like I was being ignored.I have ordered from them before many of times with no issues but this time was different with them. Now BBR has blocked me through eBay from further purchases. Why? Over a defective kit? That’s poor business like. eBay agrees.
FACTS: We responded within 45 minutes. Over the next 5 hours you sent EIGHT additional messages AND requested a refund. Ebay did NOT contact us. We received a refund request from YOU and we granted it (all within the SAME 5 hours time). WE wrote to eBay because you were not truthful. You have consistently lied about this entire event, as well as your experience with us, and you continue to do so. "This is poor business. eBay agrees"?? What are you even talking about? This is LIBEL. Over a $30 kit that WE REFUNDED to you the same day you got it! And for the record, to address the BS in your other posts here, you have NOT been a customer of ours for 5 years! We have only been in business for THREE years and never heard of you until March of 2023. You have NOT purchased several of anything from us. 1 set of rings and 1 kit! Not that it matters but let's be honest. I could go on and on but I am done dealing with you. I am terribly sorry for your recent circumstances and the horrible loss of Mia but I will not be your whipping boy. The correct course of action for you is to remove these libelous posts, but as you said, I cannot change people. You should come with a warning label. Still, I truly hope that things get better for you and wish I could help in some way. Be well.

I posted many times in another part of the forum. My cat her name was Mia. She was my best friend and companion for 18 years. We had such a tight bond like none other. She had a stroke June 15 and June 16 she died. It’s bad enough I can’t live without her and I’m diagnosed very depressed now. I didn’t need a vender to treat me the way I was treated at this time. Over cardboard, plastic and wood.

You need to see a psychiatrist and then start seeing a therapist. Based on your posts so far, you literally sound like you have narcissistic personality disorder. Literally not one person here solicited you for any information about your cat, information about your cat, your mental status, how you were treated, etc. Yet you felt compelled to reply to YOUR OWN POST in order to tell all of us your sob story in order to deflect from your ridiculous behavior. The icing on the cake is then throwing out the "Woe is me, I should have stuck to model railroading. Someone please beg me to stay."

OP, good luck on your endeavors.

I feel like exiting the forum altogether. What an awful intro. Not at all what we are about!
I believe your true intro to the forum precedes you and is actually quite grand and respectable. I am not (yet) one of your customers yet have heard nothing but good about you from the many accounts here I consider reliable.

Welcome to the forum. Not everyone here is always levelheaded and reasonable, but I think for the most part most people profit for being here and that you will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back