Has anyone purchase from Bad Boy Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingeagle

Reaction score
Is Bad Boy Rocketry legit? I have purchased from this site through eBay a couple times but had problems with my last kit I received. I had to send out back for a refund but because of a refund was returned I have been blocked from future purchases. Has anyone ever had a similar problem with purchasing from them?

Is Bad Boy Rocketry legit? I have purchased from this site through eBay a couple times but had problems with my last kit I received. I had to send out back for a refund but because of a refund was returned I have been blocked from future purchases. Has anyone ever had a similar problem with purchasing from them?
That is fully in the right of the seller on eBay.

You’re right, I guess they don’t need my money anymore. As a customer I have the right to buy from another source.

I purchased 5 of the Gooneybird kits from him on eBay. Only issue I had was one kit had a cracked fin. I just got out some balsa, cut a new one and kept building.Otherwise, no issues with the kits I received.

FWIW... BBR was also a willing source of the Estes 2.5" couplers that have been missing from the Estes website for quite some time! You can get both the slotted and unslotted 2.5" tubes... but you'll still need a coupler for them!

Hmmmmm.... Seems rather draconian if it's a one time issue... to me like it should be circumstance dependent... OTOH,
@flyingeagle, what was the issue that you had with the kit? Did BBR attempt to make it right?
Draconian? Maybe, but how many times have you had someone cancel an auction a day or two before it ends? They usually give a BS reason, but it is obviously because they do not have enough bids.

eBay is very slanted toward the seller.

Draconian? Maybe, but how many times have you had someone cancel an auction a day or two before it ends? They usually give a BS reason, but it is obviously because they do not have enough bids.

If it were me (I've NOT tried to sell anything on e-bay in my life!) it'd depend on the circumstances... but the rules are the rules as they say.

Having sold on Ebay a bit, I'd say it's very much slanted in favor of the buyer. Any bad feedback is death to a small account, Ebay always sides with the buyer on any complaint, etc. I stopped selling there.

Having sold on Ebay a bit, I'd say it's very much slanted in favor of the buyer. Any bad feedback is death to a small account, Ebay always sides with the buyer on any complaint, etc. I stopped selling there.
That is true when you talk about feedback. But you can cancel an auction prior to the sale with little reasoning to the buyer. It happens to me about 1-2 times a year when I find a "great deal". The seller realizes they are not getting the bids they want and cancels the auction. They often say that the item was "damaged" or "they did not describe it correctly".

But you can cancel an auction prior to the sale with little reasoning to the buyer. It happens to me about 1-2 times a year when I find a "great deal". The seller realizes they are not getting the bids they want and cancels the auction. They often say that the item was "damaged" or "they did not describe it correctly".
Agreed, that's BS on the part of the seller, but at least no money changed hands. Some buyers on the other hand seem to see Ebay sellers as pockets they are free to pick, and Ebay lets them get away with it. The only ways to make money on Ebay are to sell niche items to a small community with standards of decorum (e.g., oddball hobbies off the beaten path) or else to set margins so high you can deal with 10-20% theft by buyers via false claims. I was selling used commodity electronics so had neither of those hedges.

Agreed, that's BS on the part of the seller, but at least no money changed hands. Some buyers on the other hand seem to see Ebay sellers as pockets they are free to pick, and Ebay lets them get away with it. The only ways to make money on Ebay are to sell niche items to a small community with standards of decorum (e.g., oddball hobbies off the beaten path) or else to set margins so high you can deal with 10-20% theft by buyers via false claims. I was selling used commodity electronics so had neither of those hedges.

I rarely rate a seller with a low rating. I understand how hard it is to sell items and meet expectations. I have about 4 sales BBR. One was mediocre. I did not ask for money back. I just fixed it myself.

Hmmmmm.... Seems rather draconian if it's a one time issue...
Not really. You sure cannot believe everything somebody reports on TRF. It is frequently inaccurate and distorted. What the OP reported in post #1 is garbled and does not make any sense. He may have deserved exactly what he got.

Not really. You sure cannot believe everything somebody reports on TRF. It is frequently inaccurate and distorted. What the OP reported in post #1 is garbled and does not make any sense. He may have deserved exactly what he got.
Granted... However I prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt because if it were me and I have done something off color shall we say, I certainly wouldn't be posting about it. I certainly wouldn't be complaining if I wasn't able to pull off some scam. My purchases from bad boy rocketry have been parts that would be surprising if there was any need to return them.... Thus my dealings with this vendor have been very positive.

Hmmmmm.... Seems rather draconian if it's a one time issue... to me like it should be circumstance dependent... OTOH,
@flyingeagle, what was the issue that you had with the kit? Did BBR attempt to make it right?
I purchased a kit that had a 4 inch by 4 inch cut BT. I asked to please make sure that tube is good. When I got the kit the tube was cut by hand crooked in different places and the ends were ruffed up with some of the tube thickness/paper outer layer missing. I had taken pictures and sent them to BBR. I contacted BBR about the tube defect. He responded back within 45 minutes. He asked do you have the original box and all its contents? I replied YES. I don’t know why he was asking me that? I had the feeling he wanted it back. I didn’t hear back from him. I wasn’t sure if my reply got back to BBR so I replied again Yes why are you asking? Nothing! I was waiting for BBR to say I will get back to you and make it right! Nothing. I wound up sending around 4 replies to him. The rest of the day went by and half the night so another reply went out. Nothing!

Not hearing back from BBR with several replies and ample time I contacted eBay for a full refund. eBay asked reason for refund and I picked item defective. eBay wanted to know what was wrong with it and I said it wasn’t as advertised as the pictures. The 4 inch tube was cut crooked and rough. I also told them the seller wasn’t returning my reply’s. eBay contacted BBR and what do you know he responded back right away with a story to cover his own back making himself as the perfect eBay seller.

The kit was sent back packed better than he packed it and a full refund was issued. BBR got insulted because he had to refund the kit. He should have responded back with something but I felt like I was being ignored.I have ordered from them before many of times with no issues but this time was different with them. Now BBR has blocked me through eBay from further purchases. Why? Over a defective kit? That’s poor business like. eBay agrees.

I am that person. Now what did you say?

A pretty grim story to be sure... All things considered (e.g. I've gotten stuff from composite warehouse w/o any drama for example) I've been lucky... It pains me when this kind of thing occurs.

A pretty grim story to be sure...
Like I said I have been dealing with them about 4 years with no problems. I don’t know what their problem was that day. They have some nice stuff but I didn’t deserve that. They could have made a couple hundred off me this week bet I guess they don’t need it.

I deal a lot with other venders for my supply needs. Once in a blue moon things can happen. Nobody’s perfect but it dose get straightened out. No problem. I don’t get it. I should have stayed with model railroading. Composite warehouse do they have a lot of inventory?

I deal a lot with other venders for my supply needs. Once in a blue moon things can happen. Nobody’s perfect but it dose get straightened out. No problem. I don’t get it. I should have stayed with model railroading. Composite warehouse do they have a lot of inventory?
If you want to go fiberglass... However, it behooves you to go through the discussion threads with CW as the subject... I wouldn't say all transactions with them are "drama free". You'll have to make the call if you want to do business with them... I STRONGLY suggest you read those threads first!

Everything I've bought from BBR has been of fantastic quality. They even sent a nice note with the Bullpup Upscale I bought from them.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, flyingeagle.

Like I said I have been dealing with them about 4 years with no problems. I don’t know what their problem was that day. They have some nice stuff but I didn’t deserve that. They could have made a couple hundred off me this week bet I guess they don’t need it.
I posted many times in another part of the forum. My cat her name was Mia. She was my best friend and companion for 18 years. We had such a tight bond like none other. She had a stroke June 15 and June 16 she died. It’s bad enough I can’t live without her and I’m diagnosed very depressed now. I didn’t need a vender to treat me the way I was treated at this time. Over cardboard, plastic and wood.

That is true when you talk about feedback. But you can cancel an auction prior to the sale with little reasoning to the buyer. It happens to me about 1-2 times a year when I find a "great deal". The seller realizes they are not getting the bids they want and cancels the auction. They often say that the item was "damaged" or "they did not describe it correctly".
Or "my sons crushed it while throwing a football in the house". Actually happened to me when I "won" an unpainted Estes Bandit back in 2001-02.

I purchased a kit that had a 4 inch by 4 inch cut BT. I asked to please make sure that tube is good. When I got the kit the tube was cut by hand crooked in different places and the ends were ruffed up with some of the tube thickness/paper outer layer missing. I had taken pictures and sent them to BBR. I contacted BBR about the tube defect. He responded back within 45 minutes. He asked do you have the original box and all its contents? I replied YES. I don’t know why he was asking me that? I had the feeling he wanted it back. I didn’t hear back from him. I wasn’t sure if my reply got back to BBR so I replied again Yes why are you asking? Nothing! I was waiting for BBR to say I will get back to you and make it right! Nothing. I wound up sending around 4 replies to him. The rest of the day went by and half the night so another reply went out. Nothing!

How long was it between when he initially replied to you and when you filed the complaint with ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back