Has anyone ever made a really big Little Joe II?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Always been fascinated by that bird. Has it ever been taken to upscale extremes? I've never heard of one with more than a single 38mm mount.

Last edited:
Sport Rocketry Magazine, May/June 1999.

I have it at home. Can't remember the dimensions right now, I will check it out tonight.

Our old friend Mr.Stickershock...Mark Hayes built a real beauty and BIG.....

I believe it flies on clusters of 54mm and something else ? It`s pretty wicked awesome cool !

Perhaps after Mark is done with his Christmas celebrations ,he will post pics and a build.

Paul T

I made parts for an 11" or 14" (I think) Little Joe II that the Quark club was working on.

They even had a web site set up for it but that was a long time ago.

Any Quark members have anything on that?

8.5 inch is big enough. 10 is about as big as i would personally go. Motors get steep for larger rockets.

8.5 inch is big enough. 10 is about as big as i would personally go. Motors get steep for larger rockets.

Yes...it can get expensive.
My feeling...the Little Joe II is a very nice project - in any size.
My first LJ II was the Estes kit...I drooled over the larger size kits for years and Roachwerks had a very nice limited run kit with gobs of detail.

I have the big Red Arrow resin Mercury capsule sitting in a corner of my work room...diameter is 11 3/8"

Contemplating a really BIG Mercury Little Joe this year.

Little Joe Big Joe.jpg

Last edited:
Back