Happy Thanksgiving

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Does anyone have anything special?

Still lot to do so I will still be working today but later this afternoon we will have a turkey dinner.

Ah, the benefits of being Canadien - you get to eat Turkey 6 weeks ahead of the rest of us!I hope you don't have to go to work tommorow.:p

Am I missing something?

Either Canada has Thanksgiving today or Angelo is about five weeks early....

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. We have to celebrate the holiday a little earlier than Americans because winter sets in earlier. My hometown of Winnipeg received a foot of snow last week. I'm glad I've moved a bit south for a while.

Take Care.

A foot of sonw?! Up until last week it was in the 90s here!

I actually lived in Canada for 2 years.

A foot of snow up there, and it's just started to cool down here in the Bluegrass state!

Originally posted by sunward
Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Back at'cha. :D

Does anyone have anything special?

After getting back from turkey dinner with the rest of the family, I did some MonoKote finishing on my latest project. My parachute-bay is now a mirror-like chrome, and the avionics bay a smooth white.

The camera bay is going to be tricky... with all the strips needed to cover the shrouds... :)

Nice dinner today with the family. Even the dog has a good time. ( was real excited when we started to eat )

Then back to work. Oh, well.

And no, it didn't snow today.

Well, when our Thanksgiving rolls around, my family will be gathering in Fancy Gap, VA for a reunion of sorts. I, on the other hand, will be in Austria for the week and then some around Thanksgiving Day. I will be traveling with a select 35 from my high school chorus to sing in an international competition. Pretty exciting, eh? Sadly I don't think our chorus will be nearly as good as when I went to Italy with them in the spring of 2004, but it will still be lots of fun.
Reed

Originally posted by dasheight-8
Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. We have to celebrate the holiday a little earlier than Americans because winter sets in earlier. My hometown of Winnipeg received a foot of snow last week. I'm glad I've moved a bit south for a while.

Take Care.

Well it seems to me that "Thanksgiving" is to give thanks for a fruitfull harvest, so you are having it at the right time...

...if we (in the US) actually waited until the end of November to do our harvest I doubt we'd actually have much to be thankful for! LOL

Oh, and a wonderful Thanksgiving to you too! :)

jim

Back