Happy Pi Day!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherokeej

Reaction score
Actually, it's more of a Super-Pi Day.

A country boy comes home from college, the first of his clan to get an advanced education. His Pappy says "So, impress me with somethin' you done lernt in that there fancy school!"

The young man answers "Pi R squared!"

His Pappy slaps him up side the head and says "Damn school! Everbody knows pie are round. Cakes are square!"

I had a friend in my school that always tries her best to celebrate pi day... This year she had a shirt made and is making 20 pies...

I heard it as "cornbread are square". Has more of a country flavor when told.

I don't like to get picky early in the day, but 3.141592........ when rounded to 4 places after the decimal point is 3.1416 so we have a year to plan a super Pi celebration.
I have seen three local news people 'report' on the 3/14/15 thing. But you wouldn't expect them to know math.

NPR had a recipe for a Mascarpone Mango-Key Lime Pie with a Sweet Tart Dough. Among others.
https://www.npr.org/2015/03/13/392773514/a-pie-for-a-pie-day-that-is

Last edited:
And it just happens to be my birthday.

Happy birthday!
You get post of the day!!

Posting that pi day is your birthday, on ultimate pi day, at 9:26. 3/14/15, 9:26 3.1415926

At our school, we have one math teacher who always celebrates pi day big time- she was probably disappointed it's on saturday this year!

Nate

Pi day is irrational. Ba-dump-dump.

100,000 digits of Pi:

https://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~huberty/math5337/groupe/digits.html

4580518919_68a60fac6e_o.0.png

I heard it as "cornbread are square". Has more of a country flavor when told.

I don't like to get picky early in the day, but 3.141592........ when rounded to 4 places after the decimal point is 3.1416 so we have a year to plan a super Pi celebration.
I have seen three local news people 'report' on the 3/14/15 thing. But you wouldn't expect them to know math.

NPR had a recipe for a Mascarpone Mango-Key Lime Pie with a Sweet Tart Dough. Among others.
https://www.npr.org/2015/03/13/392773514/a-pie-for-a-pie-day-that-is

To avoid the rounding, you have to celebrate at exactly 9:26:54. Or you could just say there is no rounding, because pie are squared, not rounded.

Last year, I went on vacation with friends, and we ate a pie a day for a week. Mmmmmmm... Pie....

my neighbor pointed out that you need to be in the right place and the right time...Stoughton WI at 9:26. 3/14/15 9:26 53589 :).
Rex

Happy Birthday! Have a pie!

homemadeapplepie04.png
Dang that looks good.

Try this out for size; Pi is 3.14159 ad infinitum. So if the diameter of a circle is 3 and you multiply 3 by Pi then the circumference of that circle is gradually increasing in size as each new decimal number is added to the value of Pi.

Don’t give me that look!!

Dang that looks good.

Try this out for size; Pi is 3.14159 ad infinitum. So if the diameter of a circle is 3 and you multiply 3 by Pi then the circumference of that circle is gradually increasing in size as each new decimal number is added to the value of Pi.

Don’t give me that look!!

So your saying eating more pi and your circumference/waist gets larger with each piece....that's applied mathematics.

A local pizza place had an 18 inch pizza for $3.14. Great deal.

Actually, it's more of a Super-Pi Day.

A country boy comes home from college, the first of his clan to get an advanced education. His Pappy says "So, impress me with somethin' you done lernt in that there fancy school!"

The young man answers "Pi R squared!"

His Pappy slaps him up side the head and says "Damn school! Everbody knows pie are round. Cakes are square!"

Not all pie are squared, but at least two pie are.

I prefer Steak and (censored) Day to Pie Day anyway. My wife knows how to grill a terrific steak! :)

March 14th, one month after Valentine's Day, a great day for lucky men everywhere.

[video=youtube;bWmH5FFgX44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWmH5FFgX44&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Back