• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Halfway Decent Telescope with Motor Drive

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronicabill

Reaction score
I am looking for a fairly decent telescope with motor drive. A newtonian reflector is fine, as is something much fancier like a Schmidt-Cassegrain. Over in the thread on telescopes, I saw several posts where folks bought one for a specific event like Hale-Bopp, then basically haven't touched it since, or they got one and end up rarely using it. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for!

I am retired and on disability so I don't have a lot of money available, therefore price is a factor! I could even be convinced to trade something of actual value for it, like one of the many guns in my safe... depending on the quality of the scope in question. Any firearm transfers will need to go through a registered FFL to be in compliance with the law!

Let me know what you may have to offer. Thanks!

Edit to add: My primary e-mail address is: bill (dot) rainey (at) knology (dot) net

To save you some hassle, that's not required for private gun sales in your state (Alabama).
Yes, I'm aware of that, and any face-to-face sales to a fellow Alabama resident would only require some type of assurance that they are not a "prohibited person"; typically by showing me a valid state pistol permit. Just sold a rifle last week to a fella up in Elkmont using the same process... quick and easy! ;)

I have a Meade ETX 125 with Autostar, a sturdy mount, lots of eyepieces and probably some other extras I have forgotten about. I bought it in the early 2000’s and mostly used it at home, but after a big landscaping project, my backyard was no longer a good place to use it, so it’s been stored away for probably 10 years or more. Send me a PM if you are interested in having me pull it out and check it over and send more details.

Back